Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Congrats Nomie! You both look so happy in your pic xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    Hi girls, hope you've all been well. Sorry I don't have the time to read through and properly catch up. Just wanted to pop in quickly before we fly out later this afternoon for our honeymoon. I can say the wedding couldn't of gone more perfect for us. It was a totally relaxing, happy, amazing day and I feel so blessed. I will have to tell you more when I get back after the honeymoon. But I wanted to show you a sneak peek photo my photographer sent us.

The day after the wedding DF asked if we could start trying straight away! I said we should probably get our savings back up a bit first and explained that it would take a while to come of the pill, etc. Haha.
    Awwwww congratulations, you look beautiful and I am soooo happy you had a wonderful day

Ok so AF update! No AF so far, it was due yesterday. I did two tests this morning and both were negative so I am assuming I have made AF late by stressing, I think it will come shortly as I should have got a BFP by now if I was pregnant!

The only reason I have had hope is because I normally have at least 5 days of brown spotting before my red AF comes. This month I have had absolutely nothing which is very unusual so I am now very confused about all of this when I am now 14DPO and got two negative tests.

<---- is this supposed to be a frustrated confused woman hitting her head with a rolling pin????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

I've read somewhere that some people don't get +ves on hpts... do you have any symptoms at all?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    I've read somewhere that some people don't get +ves on hpts... do you have any symptoms at all?

Nah not really, feeling more hungry than usual and no sign of AF which is weird for me, sometimes I have spotting for a whole week before red AF but zero this month. Other than that absolutely no reason to think I am preggers so I really do think AF will come in the next 2 days, if I don't have it by Friday I will book in to see a doc. I usually have a 26 day cycle, if it goes to 28 I can understand but any longer than that is very abnormal.

I do wonder though how much our minds can affect our bodies, I really think my excitement mixed with stressing is causing the delay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

The brain controls all of the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle (not to mention the funtioning of the entire body!), so stress, lack of sleep, sadness/happiness/anger etc... can all affect our hormones & put our cycles "out of whack"... diet can also have a huge impact. It's all so complicated! It's a wonder to me sometimes that humans manage to keep functioning, let alone reproducing!!!!! But then, I'm a bit strange Oh, & this post is not intended to make anyone lose hope, just a weird thought from my brain (thanks again brain!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The brain controls all of the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle (not to mention the funtioning of the entire body!), so stress, lack of sleep, sadness/happiness/anger etc... can all affect our hormones & put our cycles "out of whack"... diet can also have a huge impact. It's all so complicated! It's a wonder to me sometimes that humans manage to keep functioning, let alone reproducing!!!!! But then, I'm a bit strange Oh, & this post is not intended to make anyone lose hope, just a weird thought from my brain (thanks again brain!)

Haha I totally agree with everything you said, it is only our 1st month trying so I have plenty of enthusiasm to last me a few months, if it takes longer than that I might start to stress! I am not the most patient person on the planet

I think I have been more excited at the prospect of a BFP than stress that I wont get one if you know what I mean? Fingers crossed I am one of these freaks who doesn't get a positive until ages after AF doesn't show or that AF stops stuffing me around and just comes - it's the not knowing that drives me bonkers lol
    Last edited by Cantwaitforabubba; 23-01-2013 at 15:31.

Thanks
    Reviews

Fingers crossed Cantwait!! Hope you Canwait (get it? Get it??!! Ha ha!!) a little longer and you get that bfp xx

Nomie, might be a bit late for you to get this but, many many congrats, you look beautiful and so happy, glad it was a fantastic day!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

This is all totally true! My doc told me this when I went for my pre ttc check up. She said the more I think about it the more it won't happen because you release hormones stopping it from happening. That's why you hear a lot of people saying they got preggo once they stopped trying and when they didn't want to get pregnant etc. I'm trying to 'think' myself out of 'thinking' about getting utd !! Lol!! I have a feeling you can't trick your body LOL!!

Cantwait - it ain't over until af shows her face so never say never!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (24-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Haha I totally agree with everything you said, it is only our 1st month trying so I have plenty of enthusiasm to last me a few months, if it takes longer than that I might start to stress! I am not the most patient person on the planet

I think I have been more excited at the prospect of a BFP than stress that I wont get one if you know what I mean? Fingers crossed I am one of these freaks who doesn't get a positive until ages after AF doesn't show or that AF stops stuffing me around and just comes - it's the not knowing that drives me bonkers lol
    Hopefully it is the former! I'm feeling bonkers already and I have 12 days to wait until I am expecting AF arrive. It's difficult for me as it is my first month off the pill and I have no idea when I may have o'ed! On my supposed O Day (if my cycles went straight back to normal) was 2 days ago. That day I had dull cramps and spotting. Since then the dull cramping has kept up, on and off, and accompanied by lower-back pain. It could a variety of things that is making my body act as it is atm. These next 12 days can't come fast enough....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

I hear you my lovely ladies. This is my first tww as well. How the heck are you not meant to think about the possibility of being utd? It's near impossible. You go from thinking maybe I am to maybe I'm not haven't had many symptoms then you read stuff on here and go oh they had no symptoms and got a bfp so maybe I I'll and. Your all hopeful again. I wish there was some magic device that told you after you o if you are or aren't?

Can't wait I hope you get a delayed bfp.

Afm- I'm 9dpo today. Nothing much to report. I think my comment sums up how I'm feeling lol