Closed Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney, i never read any books, but ive heard Tizzy Halls Save our sleep is very routine driven... PERSONALLY, for ME, i disagree with her way of thinking... Yet i know alot of parents who have had success with it at the same time.

To give you an idea...we have a routine with DS...but not a fixed ridged one (Others who work with young children will understand)

Generally...our day goes like this (Keeping in mind he is almost 2)

Wake up
    Short play till Breakfast
    Breakfast
    Get dressed
    Go out if we need to - errands etc, some housework. Have morning tea while out if needed. If at home we just play, go outside etc.
    Lunch
    Short play inside, quietish play.
    Nap time
    Afternoon tea
    Play while i prepare/cook dinner - outside if we can.
    Dinner
    Bath
    Play
    Story
    Bed

Lunch and dinner are the only semi rigid things.. Lunch is ready 12-12.30ish (no later) otherwise it pushes his sleep back and he is up all night. Dinner is ready around 5.30.

I have heard (as an example only, not 100% sure) Tizzy hall is more rigid with things like
    5.30 dinner
    6.00 bath
    6.30 bottle
    6.45 bed

dont quote me, but i believe she is more set to the clock. maybe have a read n see if it suits you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Everyone thanks for the reassurance!

Well af was supposed to come tomorrow but just as i got to work (TMI warning) i felt wetness and yeah sure enough she showed her ugly face one day early! Thinking about it, it makes sense a little because i o'd earlier (CD13 instead of 16). Also the fact my boobs weighed a bajillion kgs (or at least it felt like it) and I had an epic headache i should have known she was coming.
    So I suppose this all means im officially starting my TTC journey !!!! With the 27 day cycle i just had pink pad estimates i will ovulate on my 10 year anniversary with DH !!! I think thats a little romantic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Disney, i never read any books, but ive heard Tizzy Halls Save our sleep is very routine driven... PERSONALLY, for ME, i disagree with her way of thinking... Yet i know alot of parents who have had success with it at the same time. To give you an idea...we have a routine with DS...but not a fixed ridged one (Others who work with young children will understand)Generally...our day goes like this (Keeping in mind he is almost 2)Wake upShort play till BreakfastBreakfastGet dressedGo out if we need to - errands etc, some housework. Have morning tea while out if needed. If at home we just play, go outside etc.LunchShort play inside, quietish play.Nap timeAfternoon teaPlay while i prepare/cook dinner - outside if we can.DinnerBathPlayStoryBedLunch and dinner are the only semi rigid things.. Lunch is ready 12-12.30ish (no later) otherwise it pushes his sleep back and he is up all night. Dinner is ready around 5.30. I have heard (as an example only, not 100% sure) Tizzy hall is more rigid with things like5.30 dinner6.00 bath6.30 bottle6.45 beddont quote me, but i believe she is more set to the clock. maybe have a read n see if it suits you?
    How much did this change when he was a baby? Also on the tizzy hall thing what about her thinking do you disagree with. I've heard people say they either do or don't agree with her but I'm not sure what that means, does that make sense? I think routines need to be flexible somewhat but I agree with you that feeding, bed and nap times should be the same. Also how did you come up with this routine? I suppose what I'm asking is when you got your ds home how did this all come about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    So I suppose this all means im officially starting my TTC journey !!!! With the 27 day cycle i just had pink pad estimates i will ovulate on my 10 year anniversary with DH !!! I think thats a little romantic!
    Woohooo!!!! Its been a long time coming for all of us, so glad you are finally TTC yipeeeeee

Update on my TWW - No symptoms what so ever so not feeling very confident. I assume boobs being sore is a top symptom and mine are normal. Dammit! I cant believe I want my boobs to hurt haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    M2OR so sorry to hear of your results Wishing you luck with it all, and hoping it doesn't delay your TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Well when we came home I was demand feeding, but we then had to change on paed recommendations..whad to feed him every 3 hours, even if he was asleep as he lost too much weight.

As he caught up, we swapped and let him sleep through feeds and go on his cues. Honestly early on is a blur but I went with him most of the time.... As he got older we started to notice his natural body routine and fell in with it. I've sort of planned my day around him hence going out in the mornings. Its rare for him to be up before 4 pm. He now has one nap of 2-3 hours on average each day... Sometimes longer.

I found us having a set lunch, pulled everything else into line, especially nap, then bed times.

I've used a mix of his natural routine and what happens in childcare, also, bath times at night became routine immediately after dinner as bubbas on are messssssy! Lol some days he showers with me in the mornings also.

As for tizzy hall, I disagree with her methods of sleep training. I hate hearing him cry, so therefore don't leave him to do so) from what I understand she does a variation on controlled crying.
    I also disagree with setting a baby to the clock rigidly... I can see its merits and that it works for others, but they just aren't for me.

I also have heard she advocates practices which encourage blurred lines with, or goes against sids practices like several layers for bed times. I've also heard she encourages bubs to be wrapped into car seats, and the safety of it is questioned. I'm not sure on her stance on these issues but seen them debated quite heatedly.

My suggestion if you are after information on parenting.....research child development. Things like their emotional, physical, language, social development etc.

Then read anything you can. Theres some styles of parenting out there (I would be considered very close to an attachment parent) but theres all different names for different ways.

Once you have done that, decide what sounds like you best and what matches your theories with child development that you read, behaviour guidance etc. and run with it. just be consistent.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Cantwaitforabubba View Post
    Woohooo!!!! Its been a long time coming for all of us, so glad you are finally TTC yipeeeeee

Update on my TWW - No symptoms what so ever so not feeling very confident. I assume boobs being sore is a top symptom and mine are normal. Dammit! I cant believe I want my boobs to hurt haha
    Lmao! Seems strange that we want sore boobs or cramping or nausea. I have my fx for you that it's still way to early to notice these things.

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Just updating, been away for a couple of days - lots to catch up on!

No news here really, about 11dpo, depending on my luteal phase length, af might not be due until Tuesday or Wednesday as I think I O'd a day or two late (assuming I have a 14 day luteal phase), af's due sometime between Sun-Tues I guess. Temp is still up which is good but could easily change...still getting lots of cm which is kind of weird for me - I'm constantly wet like i'm Oing! But I definitely O'd about 11 days ago and I have my bbt to prove it!

I've been testing everyday but its still neg, hopefully its still early. Getting discourage though, just feels like its not this month ...despite the unusual symptoms!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by BlotchedTabby View Post
    Just updating, been away for a couple of days - lots to catch up on!

No news here really, about 11dpo, depending on my luteal phase length, af might not be due until Tuesday or Wednesday as I think I O'd a day or two late (assuming I have a 14 day luteal phase), af's due sometime between Sun-Tues I guess. Temp is still up which is good but could easily change...still getting lots of cm which is kind of weird for me - I'm constantly wet like i'm Oing! But I definitely O'd about 11 days ago and I have my bbt to prove it!

I've been testing everyday but its still neg, hopefully its still early. Getting discourage though, just feels like its not this month ...despite the unusual symptoms!
    Fx for you blotched! I hope you have a bun cooking away in there. It just hasn't sprung up yet.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LilNightmare For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (18-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shadow - thanks so much for your advice. It's really helpful. I find people can be a little weird when it comes to talking about parenting almost like its a little taboo or something. It's hard to get honest opinions?!? I'll start looking into the child development side of things. Never even considered that!

Lilnightmare - totally agree on how funny it is that women want all the horrible symptoms and hang out for them! It's the first time I've had my boobs feel heavy and pms headaches. I am looking forward to the tww symptoms though!!

Cantwaitforbubba - thanks for the nice welcome into ttc land! I have waited SO long for this. I can't believe it's here!! I hope you get your positive result soon!! How many times did you dtd through o week?

Actually ladies how many times does everyone dtd during o week? Or do you just wait for a pos OPk then dtd?!?

Blotched - I hope this is your month, don't get disheartened, it's gotta be Tough getting the negative results but keep the positive vibes going!!

I haven't bought any hpt. I don't want to be temped to test early. I'm going to wait until af is late and then go and buy a clear blue. I can see myself becoming quite obsessed with testing in the tww, much like my new found addiction of OPk so I think it's best not to arm myself with the tools to test for pregnancy! Super excited for the first time I can buy a hpt though!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (18-01-2013)