Closed Thread
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Munchkin - it depends on how obsessed with TTC you want to get. It would probably help if you get an understanding of your cycles. period tracker app on your phone can help with that (I use pink pad). Then once you have an idea of your cycles you can use an opk (ovulation prediction kit - you can buy them at a chemist or supermarket, they are like a pregnancy test but for when you ovulate) to work out the 12-24 hour window when you actually ovulate. Then when you get a positive test you go for it like rabbits and in theory the timing is perfect and you will fall pregnant

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (01-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post

Welcome!! You and I are in the same private health boat!! LOL! My future baby can't be born before 15 October so I have to wait until feb ! Damn waiting periods! Which region of Sydney are you in?

[/COLOR]
    Haha Disney, my baby can't be born before 11 November, so have to wait until March to begin!

I'm in the Inner West area, what about you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Thanks for the info... I might chat with DH about it...
    Might see how we go for a month or two and then if nothing's working, might delve further and check out OPK's..
    Thanks ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabelle View Post
    Haha Disney, my baby can't be born before 11 November, so have to wait until March to begin!

I'm in the Inner West area, what about you?
    We are in the northern suburbs...I'm still trying to decide on the private hospital I want to have it at I've got The San, Norwest Private, The Mater and royal north shore private. I've had friends deliver at all of them and they all say each of their hospitals are the best LOL! I'm leaning towards norwest private , it's only a few years old, it was built in 2010 so everything is nice and shiny LOL. I also like the Mater. Which hospital are you looking at?

Thanks
    Reviews

I've heard good things about norwest private. Still bit to far away for me though.

Thanks
    Reviews

There's a thread filled with Norwest Private horror stories somewhere here

Thanks
    Reviews

Munchkin, I definitely recommend opk's. I just got a heap of cheapies online from oracle fertility. I find them really handy. Although it is incredibly frustrating to know you have dtd multiple times in your fertile time and still don't get utd.

We had a quiet night last night we are away caravaning (has now been nicknamed glamping. (Glam camping as we have air cons, tv etc)) and we all spent too much time in the sun yesterday floating in the river so by 10 pm were exhausted and in bed by 11. Although dh and I stayed awake till after midnight and watched the fireworks on tv.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    We are in the northern suburbs...I'm still trying to decide on the private hospital I want to have it at I've got The San, Norwest Private, The Mater and royal north shore private. I've had friends deliver at all of them and they all say each of their hospitals are the best LOL! I'm leaning towards norwest private , it's only a few years old, it was built in 2010 so everything is nice and shiny LOL. I also like the Mater. Which hospital are you looking at?
    I'm looking at either The Mater or North Shore Private. My friends who have delivered at them also say that theirs was the best!
    I guess when I'm actually pregnant and have a tour of the hospitals then I will decide.
    It's funny, as I live right next to RPA, but have no real interest in going there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Munchkin, I definitely recommend opk's. I just got a heap of cheapies online from oracle fertility. I find them really handy. Although it is incredibly frustrating to know you have dtd multiple times in your fertile time and still don't get utd.

We had a quiet night last night we are away caravaning (has now been nicknamed glamping. (Glam camping as we have air cons, tv etc)) and we all spent too much time in the sun yesterday floating in the river so by 10 pm were exhausted and in bed by 11. Although dh and I stayed awake till after midnight and watched the fireworks on tv.
    How accurate do you find the oracle OPK's? I bought 100 of them last cycle (had FR OPK's, they are rubbish! Didn't think I was UTD so bought from oracle, just as well it was a chem I suppose lol) I never get symptoms of O, have never felt it, so I need to use them.

I found last cycle I was getting really obcessed with the whole thing, temping, lousy OPK's, checking cervix position, looking at even slightest change in cm, even though my cm doesnt really change that much in my fertile period, I really stressed myself out! I swore this time around I would relax with it, only using Fertility Friend for temping just so I can confirm O with my temps and the OPK's from oracle. So far I have forgotten to temp for all but 2 mornings last week lol, I am going to start poas again on Thursday and organise insems to start probably on Saturday afternoon through till Monday but will use the OPK to confirm O.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Keerah View Post
    How accurate do you find the oracle OPK's? I bought 100 of them last cycle (had FR OPK's, they are rubbish! Didn't think I was UTD so bought from oracle, just as well it was a chem I suppose lol) I never get symptoms of O, have never felt it, so I need to use them.

I found last cycle I was getting really obcessed with the whole thing, temping, lousy OPK's, checking cervix position, looking at even slightest change in cm, even though my cm doesnt really change that much in my fertile period, I really stressed myself out! I swore this time around I would relax with it, only using Fertility Friend for temping just so I can confirm O with my temps and the OPK's from oracle. So far I have forgotten to temp for all but 2 mornings last week lol, I am going to start poas again on Thursday and organise insems to start probably on Saturday afternoon through till Monday but will use the OPK to confirm O.
    I'm only using opks and monitoring symptoms. No tempting.
    The opk's match up perfectly with my symptoms (cm, cramping the day of and after a pos opk, and really sensitive nipples.) So from that I believe that they are pretty reliable.
    However in saying that I'm not utd yet!!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub