Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Has anyone taken vitex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Disney, MrsLA, and LilNightmare - Thanks for the support! I feel like DF and I are totally ready. We've always been settlers and we enjoy that lifestyle. Wedding organization is going great! Roads are opened again tonight!! YAY! Had my hens night last night which was pretty great (my head is sore today!). I found by the end of the night I was missing DF. I had random guys trying to kiss me. Ew. The whole party scene is not for me really and I won't miss it at all. Sister treated me to a massage, spa, and swim! Lovely. She was also asking when DF and I were going to start trying. This time when I said the end of this year she was pretty excited!

Glitter Girl - That picture was so lovely. Tearing up over here. What a great way to announce the pregnancy to your DH. Try and stay positive. x

Elswyth - Sorry, I had to laugh at your facebook accident. That sounds like something I would do. Now people are going to be suspicious. You won't be able to keep it a secret for much longer. :P

MrsLA - that does seem like a lot of money per night. But if you have your heart set on it, why not make a nice weekend out of it? As long as your DH won't be stressed about the money and actually enjoy himself it could be a great time away. If he is unsure about it maybe find a nice place that doesn't cost so much and start on one of his renovations as well with the leftover?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkaboo For This Useful Post:

LilNightmare  (13-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

MrsLa- I think maybe meet each other in the middle. It does seem quite expensive to go to the bnb so maybe go somewhere cheaper that way you have a first anniversary memory and do something practical at home to. Win win!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

I'd do the B&B for one night, e.g. the Sunday night (to maybe get a cheaper rate) & try to negotiate a late check-out (tell them it's your 1st wedding anniversary) & somewhere cheaper (but still nice) the other couple of nights. Maybe do the B&B on the last night.

DH & I went to a beautiful secluded rainforest cabin for our 1st wedding anniversary. It was about that much each night, but totally worth it!

FYI - it cost us about $2500 to have our floors re-polished, our deck cost $20,000 & new carpet would be at least $2000! You can always do those things later, but you'll only have 1 1st anniversary!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by Funchu; 13-01-2013 at 13:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glitter, your announcement to DH has given me some ideas on how to announce to my DF.

IF (and thats a big if) we are successful this month, I will know in about 2 weeks (having my pre-o symptoms today that usually last a day or so before i O)

Im going to keep quiet until Valentines day, and do something special for him with the test my plan works. *TMI* But apart from the night before last night, we've DTD every day for the past week...so SURELY something will find its way to the eggy

MrsLA - The BnB sounds amazing. You only have one first anniversary!! I Say go for it But id be cringing at the thought of it tbh lol. Im the money handler here, DF is useless...I could find so many things for that money, BUT... As i said, you wont ever get your first anniversary back, and unless the floor is falling through, walls are bending over, roof is sagging in with tiles missing... Its not a necesity to do reno RIGHT now. In a month will still be fine.

Nomie - I wouldnt worry about what other people think about you TTC, If you are ready for a bub, Do it! From this point in, everyone will always have an opinion about your family, you will get everything from:
    - It is too early/ too late to TTC, you need more money, a bigger house, different car etc etc.
    - You're pregnant! You cant lift things, drive, eat XYZ, you cant drink coffee, you will cause a MC/birth defect if........You will hear every possible horror story related to pregnancy and labour possible. If you have an easy pregnancy, you will get comments about having a difficult labour/baby ahead.
    - Bub is born, you must do things this way, that ways wrong, you shouldnt do this, dont do that, put them like this.. "Back in MY day......."
    - You want to breastfeed? How horrible to have a leech on you all day. You want to bottle feed? OMG! What a horrible mother! She isnt giving her child the best start to life that breast milk does/can.

See a pattern?? LOL

My DS is 2 in March, and im STILL getting comments about how i should raise him, how his routine should be, and even when we should/shouldn't TTC #2! According to others, He should be able to drink soft drinks, cordial and eat lollies and chips, he doesnt need milk, nor a bottle or dummy, he should only be given water in his bottle overnight...I should just completely ignore him when he cries at night,

I now just smile and say "oh...ok" and change the subject. Because im sure no other mother has ever had her first child before! I mean, it doesn't mean i know everything by far, but i AM a qualified childcare worker!! I HAVE studied child development, and worked with children under 5 for a number of years (So when i say i WILL attend to my crying child overnight, DONT tell me that ignoring his crys are good for him....Otherwise you WILL get a lecture on the stages of social and emotional development ie trust vs mistrust or the circle of security etc)......Ive got this covered, and if i dont, i will ask..IF or WHEN the time comes that im struggling! Sorry, rant over.

I guess all im saying is, Try not to let it worry you, because you will have it for years to come. Do whats best for you guys...and just take others along for the ride They will come around eventually.
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 13-01-2013 at 14:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Mumma K - i havent, but ive heard it can bring O back a little and help regulate cycles, ive heard a few people have success with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Glitter, your announcement to DH has given me some ideas on how to announce to my DF.

IF (and thats a big if) we are successful this month, I will know in about 2 weeks (having my pre-o symptoms today that usually last a day or so before i O)

Im going to keep quiet until Valentines day, and do something special for him with the test my plan works. *TMI* But apart from the night before last night, we've DTD every day for the past week...so SURELY something will find its way to the eggy

MrsLA - The BnB sounds amazing. You only have one first anniversary!! I Say go for it But id be cringing at the thought of it tbh lol. Im the money handler here, DF is useless...I could find so many things for that money, BUT... As i said, you wont ever get your first anniversary back, and unless the floor is falling through, walls are bending over, roof is sagging in with tiles missing... Its not a necesity to do reno RIGHT now. In a month will still be fine.

Nomie - I wouldnt worry about what other people think about you TTC, If you are ready for a bub, Do it! From this point in, everyone will always have an opinion about your family, you will get everything from:
    - It is too early/ too late to TTC, you need more money, a bigger house, different car etc etc.
    - You're pregnant! You cant lift things, drive, eat XYZ, you cant drink coffee, you will cause a MC/birth defect if........You will hear every possible horror story related to pregnancy and labour possible. If you have an easy pregnancy, you will get comments about having a difficult labour/baby ahead.
    - Bub is born, you must do things this way, that ways wrong, you shouldnt do this, dont do that, put them like this.. "Back in MY day......."
    - You want to breastfeed? How horrible to have a leech on you all day. You want to bottle feed? OMG! What a horrible mother! She isnt giving her child the best start to life that breast milk does/can.

See a pattern?? LOL

My DS is 2 in March, and im STILL getting comments about how i should raise him, how his routine should be, and even when we should/shouldn't TTC #2! According to others, He should be able to drink soft drinks, cordial and eat lollies and chips, he doesnt need milk, nor a bottle or dummy, he should only be given water in his bottle overnight...I should just completely ignore him when he cries at night,

I now just smile and say "oh...ok" and change the subject. Because im sure no other mother has ever had her first child before! I mean, it doesn't mean i know everything by far, but i AM a qualified childcare worker!! I HAVE studied child development, and worked with children under 5 for a number of years (So when i say i WILL attend to my crying child overnight, DONT tell me that ignoring his crys are good for him....Otherwise you WILL get a lecture on the stages of social and emotional development ie trust vs mistrust or the circle of security etc)......Ive got this covered, and if i dont, i will ask..IF or WHEN the time comes that im struggling! Sorry, rant over.

I guess all im saying is, Try not to let it worry you, because you will have it for years to come. Do whats best for you guys...and just take others along for the ride They will come around eventually.
    Great post!! I agree with everything you have said about other people and their opinions, spot on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    on another note, I need some help to make a decision (not ttc related)
    I was taking about this in another thread, but DH is still not convinced!

Its our first wedding anniversary in March, and atm we do not have anything planned.
    for about 6 years we have been eying off this B&B that looks AMAZING and has unbelievable views, (from the King size bed, and the double spa bath and double shower) and always said one day we will go there. BUT it is really expensive (over $400 a night, that is A LOT for us to splurge on ourselves)
    I suggested going there for the long weekend of our anniversary, as it might be the last good excuse we have before a bubs comes along, and if a 1st anniversary is not a good enough reason to do something like this, then what is?????

DH thinks that it is a lot of money, and would like to to something else with the money (re polish the floor boards, put towards new carpet, or a new deck! what a first anniversary present LOL) that is practical, and would make a difference to our everyday lives (which is kind of sensible!!! and a grown up thing to do)

what would you do?????
    If it was me and money was an issue I would go there for one night and make the most of it, go there as soon as you are allowed to check in and ask for a late check out. That way you get to experience it without it costing too much, best of both worlds

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by glitter girl View Post
    I hope are both right :-) I took another test just then with none concentrated wee and the line is even darker than this afternoons I took with wee I help in for hours so hopefully that's a good sign. The back pain is sore :'(
    Glitter- with DS2 I had THE worst back pain and AF pain as well. I was sure she was on her way, but now I have a rambunctious little (almost) 5 year old! It's only early days, try not to stress (I know it's hard!) xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Just did an opk and it's positive. A few days earlier then expected. Dtd this morning so hopefully we got a swimmer on his way.