Closed Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Congrats Glitter!!! Hope that bfp is sticky!

It's awesome that most of you are starting to talk about actually ttc, not just wishing the months away to get started. Good luck to all of you having a go

Afm not much happening - have got to the gym four times this week and have eaten really well too. Feeling good for a change instead of just wishing I was being more proactive!
    I've started worrying about how I might hide being utd from work colleagues - we drink like 10 cups of tea a day and usually do a coffee run too. They're definately going to twig if I ask for decaf anything! Maybe I'll have to implement a strategy to slowly ween off so much tea so they don't notice! I've only been with them since May (after mat leave) and they know I want another bub but I think they're hoping it'll be a long way off.
    Watching Brad in Thelma amd Louise - it could only be better if he didn't open his mouth! The accent doesn't do it for me!!

Night

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

JessyJ- oh tell me about it, the accent is such a turn off!
    Can you believe he's 50 this year!? 50!! I hope DF looks as good as he does when he's 50! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

Ha ha!
    Yes, unfortunately he's more my mum's age! And honestly not sure about all that hair, but I guess its not up to me Watched True Romance the other night, love him in that too, v. funny!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    All updated ladies!!
    Hey Disney I'm not on the list

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow I feel like I've missed a lot.

Big congrats to Glitter! I think you are our groups second BFP? Fingers crossed for a sticky bub.

When I told my sister we wanted to start trying at the end on the year she said we should have some more time as a couple first. We are getting married in one week. Do you think she is right? We have been together four years already though. I'll be 23 when TTC and 24 by the time I have a bub. That sounds about normal doesn't it? I mean we will have our own place, a good car, and I'm making sure we get to the gold coast for a holiday first...
    I will be the first in our friendship group to have a baby though. Most aren't married, let alone in a serious relationship.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, I've been through this thread and i'm 99% sure I have now added everyone. If ive missed you i'm soo sorry (there are a LOT of posts here!) I'm happy to add you if you are new and arent on our class of 2013 roll call.

Name:
    Month started TTC:
    Pregnancy:
    State:
    Glitter Girl Congrats on your BFP !!! Let me know when you would like to to shift you to the top of the list as a graduated Member to join Carrie our lone BFP queen! and for a sticky !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NomieTee View Post
    When I told my sister we wanted to start trying at the end on the year she said we should have some more time as a couple first. We are getting married in one week. Do you think she is right? We have been together four years already though. I'll be 23 when TTC and 24 by the time I have a bub. That sounds about normal doesn't it? I mean we will have our own place, a good car, and I'm making sure we get to the gold coast for a holiday first...
    I will be the first in our friendship group to have a baby though. Most aren't married, let alone in a serious relationship.
    The only person who can answer the 'is she right question' is you. You've ticked all of the 'normal' boxes before bringing a child into the world, so i think its a matter of asking yourself, are you ready for the next step which is a much different path that you will be taking without your friends.

To be honest I've lost of friends to the baby club, its sad and i miss them, but its amazing how much your life shift and your focus shifts once you have a baby (this is me making observations on what my friends have gone through) and when i was 23 - 25 that wasnt for me. My friends started having kids from 23 and DH and I decided to take a different path and travel, have new experiences, do different things, be an adult couple and enjoy the adult couple making great money lifestyle and wait. You cant compare the different lifestyles but I think you have to weigh them up and make sure you are happy with your decision because there is no going back.

Sme of my friends have said to me oh we can travel as a family later and do all of the other things I've done as a family, which is true, but doing things as a couple is a hell of a lot different to doing it as a family. Anyway I guess what im trying to say is make sure you think abuot it and if you want to have kids and your ready for that then do it !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Congrats Glitter, heres to an uneventful 8 months

I got a pretty dark OPK this morning so the surge should happen tonight. So relieved!! We've been BD'ing heaps so fingers crossed

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have told a couple of really close friends (well I have, DH tends not to talk about it at all) and that's it. They are all really excited and can not wait for us to have babies. A few of our friends are pregnant or have babies themselves, and would love for all of us to have bubbas around the same time.
    I SOOOO badly want to be able to!!!! Hopefully really soon
    We have not told any of our parents, but they are all busting for us to have children too. (when talking to my dad on the phone now, he does not say by anymore he says "go make me grandbabies" lol (crazy old man lol))

Delirium, fx for you!!! hope the 2ww goes quickly, when will you be testing?

Nomie, I agree 110% with what Disney said! (and she said it so well)
    As much as I have wanted babies since I was 17, when I was 23-24 I was definitely not ready (and I knew that at the time) DH and I had only been together 3-4 years then, and for us, I am really glad we waited until now. BUT, that is us and you are you, so only you and your (nearly) DH can make that decision.
    How is your wedding organisation going? has everything sorted itself out? roads open etc???

I'm expecting to o next Friday or Saturday, Let the BD'ing begin! lol (please, Please, please let this me our month)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsLA For This Useful Post:

Disney  (12-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Congrats Glitter, heres to an uneventful 8 months

I got a pretty dark OPK this morning so the surge should happen tonight. So relieved!! We've been BD'ing heaps so fingers crossed
    YAAY so happy for you Delirium!! That is great news.

for you!!