Closed Thread
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 2013...The year of BFP's!

LRA - hope it's something simple that's going on or it can get sorted out asap xx

Disney - with DD I put on 12kgs overall during the pregnancy. After she was born I was only a kilo heavier than my previous weight, but to be honest, it was probably all my whopping great bosoms! I tried to eat really well with occasional treat and walked a lot but didn't try too hard to maintain or loose weight. When I did put on the kilos was after G was born, too little excersice, too little sleep and too many cakes, biscuits and treats that all our visitors brought (beware!!!)! So that's what I'll try to avoid next time. And I'm hoping to be fit and healthy going into, and during, my pregnancy this time around.

So excited for you all coming off bc and having a crack at getting utd! Can't wait to join you in a couple of months!

Back at work last week, did a huge clean out and just in time - DECS did a spot check today and everything was squeaky clean, labelled and in it's right place!! Phew! About an hour after they left the health inspector turned up!! Agh! All good though, just freaky timing!

Have a good night x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    All updated ladies!!
    Thanks Disney x

Thanks
    Reviews

Disney I gained 15kg all up with my twin boys and lost it all before I left the hospital. Had the implanon put in and gained 20kg in 3-4 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm sort of nervous about TTC - I still have a nerve causing back pain, so I'm worried about pregnancy making it worse. I had a terrible first birth and certainly don't want to do that again. First pregnancy was unplanned and just a horrible time (not the pregnancy itself, but everything around me)..

My cycles are so short so I've no clue when I ovulate!! The OPKs aren't exactly working the best for me, but I did get a slightly darker line ther other week.

I am having a hysteroscopy soon so I'm hoping that sorts out the cycle issues. As soon as that's done and dusted I am starting. We've not been actively discouraging a pregnancy in the last 6 months but not trying either. No birth control I need to come off thankfully.

Nervous :\

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Benji, hopefully it helps your cycle issues!

So I am officially off BC! Yay. It has been bit of a scary decisions 8 months before our wedding, but I've made my decision and I will stick to it . We will be using condoms in the meantime.

How has other Bubhubbers friends' viewed your decision to TTC? My friends and I are heading into our mid 20's and I am the only one who is getting married and thinking about babies seriously. My bestfriend told me the other night "I'm sorry, I just can't imagine you with a baby". I think they are in denial that we are getting older! I understand it isn't everyones top priority but I don't think I am that young to have a baby?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heids89 For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (11-01-2013),Benji  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol Heids.. maybe she just can't imagine you with a baby because she's known you for so long with it being just you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post

So I am officially off BC! Yay. It has been bit of a scary decisions 8 months before our wedding, but I've made my decision and I will stick to it . We will be using condoms in the meantime.

How has other Bubhubbers friends' viewed your decision to TTC? My friends and I are heading into our mid 20's and I am the only one who is getting married and thinking about babies seriously. My bestfriend told me the other night "I'm sorry, I just can't imagine you with a baby". I think they are in denial that we are getting older! I understand it isn't everyones top priority but I don't think I am that young to have a baby?
    Congrats!!! Coming off the pill is so exciting! It makes you feel you are starting the TTC journey even if you are not trying straight away.

Your friend will just have to get used to the idea. I guess friends can just focus on how it will impact on their lives, you will not be the same person you were before having a baby and your priorities will be very different. She may be trying to change your mind so she can continue living her life with no changes, with you still having freedom to do what you want when you want?

I think as long as you are sure you want to start a family and feel ready then no one should imply you are too young or old. Its a personal choice and if thats what you want then go for it regardless of what other peoples opinions are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mid twenties is pretty normal age to be having a baby. I get a feeling that some people think I'm too 'young' to have a 6 yo and be thinking about TTC again... and I will be over 30 by the time my baby arrives even if we conceived right this minute!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey ladies!!! I got a faint BFP today so excited but keeping my mouth shut until I'm at least a week & 1/2 past af then ill tell DP because I don't want him to get excited after our mc in November. Fx for a sticky baby for 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heids89 View Post

Yay, congratulations for being off BC! Today is my very last day of BC too and I am soo excited. High five!

I have also experienced negative reactions to thinking about babies.

I have only told my sister and one friend. My sister, of course, is over the moon. My friend, who is actually the person that introduced me to my partner, immediately said "Whoa, whoa. Isn't it a bit soon? You really don't need to start thinking about these things yet. There's plenty of time for all that!"

I think that people feel maybe shocked and threatened by the fact that you're ready for something that they are not. I guess it's perfectly natural, as humans don't like change! But it can manifest in hurtful comments that make you feel like they are unsupportive. Just remember that you're doing what makes you happy, and that people will come around! They may be worried that their life will change so much because you, as their friend, will be different.

Having said that, though, I was still really annoyed and decided I just wouldn't tell anyone until as late as possible!! Haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elswyth For This Useful Post:

Heids89  (11-01-2013)