Closed Thread
Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

I had my implanon implant out in August and so have to use condoms with my partner... And I actually think I must have a previously undiscovered latex sensitivity cos I get itchy for a few days after dtd. I don't wanna go back on chemical BC tho so we're trying a different brand :/
    If I get pregnant we won't need them... That's a plus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I had my implanon implant out in August and so have to use condoms with my partner... And I actually think I must have a previously undiscovered latex sensitivity cos I get itchy for a few days after dtd. I don't wanna go back on chemical BC tho so we're trying a different brand :/
    If I get pregnant we won't need them... That's a plus
    How long after you got your implanon out did you get af? and your cycle return to normal?
    That sucks about the sensitivity to latex

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not having much luck with OPKs, I'm actually thinking to ditch them as they do my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    Do any of you ladies prop up your hips to let gravity help afterwards? Or is that an urban myth?
    My guess would be urban myth

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was true! TMI maybe, but when I get up after DTD I know that gravity will take the little guys else where. So when I'm TTC I will be propping my legs up for 15 minutes after DTD.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    How long after you got your implanon out did you get af? and your cycle return to normal?
    That sucks about the sensitivity to latex
    About 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly; and I've had a regular 27-28 day cycle since

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I can't remember where I read it was an urban myth - it does sound a bit old school like the stories nannas tell of not lifting your arms while hanging out the washing BUT if you feel it could help there's certainly no harm in it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    About 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly; and I've had a regular 27-28 day cycle since
    Thanks. I have been waiting a month for mine and am getting worried
    Fingers crossed it returns soon and I have a regualr cycle again soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha! It may be a myth but when I got utd with my DD I put a pillow under my bum and rested my legs on the end of the bed to let gravity do it's thing! It may have worked so why not try? My DH thought I was being ridiculous and told me that it wasn't particularly sexy but I didn't care!

So excited for you girls that are on your tww! Everything is crossed for you!

My mum is doing the no-suar plan and is healthier than ever. She does a lot of preaching and I know it makes sense so I've seriously cut down on sugar but haven't completely quit it. She's lost 6kgs and eats a LOT of cheese and it's still working so it must be good!

Keep cool everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by elswyth View Post
    I'm with you Disney! I'll probably giggle inappropriately the whole time, it will feel so weird knowing you are HOPING for a baby instead of all those years hoping you won't get pregnant.

Do any of you ladies prop up your hips to let gravity help afterwards? Or is that an urban myth?
    i think this is just an urban legend. they do recommend lying flat for a few minutes but overall doesn't matter. the swimmers will get there regardless of the position. It's everything else that makes up the juice that falls out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coffee, I usually have one or 2 a day, and I have heard that that is fine while ttc or utd, I prob won't change that, but may cut back to just my morning one once actually utd. When we first started ttc, I cut out all alcohol, soft cheese etc even in the tww. Now I've decided that is a bit ott for me, and I am now cautious and cut down a lot (especially alcohol), but don't cut them out completely. I figure bub would not even be sharing my blood supply in those 2 weeks so its not a big issue to have 2-3 drinks.

Cutting our sugar though Pffft, Fat Chance!!! I take my hat off to those who have managed to do that!

We got a new car about a year ago, my old one was out of finance so we too the opportunity to upgrade, and safety and space was the highest things on our agenda, we got a Mazda CX7, and I love it!!! will be perfect for our little familiy

Disney, our first wedding anniversary is in March too. We are going to go away for a weekend to a really nice B&B or something. Somewhere swish with a spa, views, champagne (if I'm not utd yet) etc, really relaxing and romantic.

Life in shades, I often get some spotting after dtd just after af has finished. as Disney said, likely just the last bits of af dislodging and appearing. Frustrating isn't it? I would doubt that you are utd, but it is not impossible.
    I use the period tracker app on my phone, and works a treat. Really helped me to understand my cycles and pin point what my different symptoms were for af arriving and for ovulation. Just be aware that just because your app has flowers and says you are ovulating, does not mean that is exactly what your body is doing, and your fertile period might be a bit different. I used opk's to determine when I o

Shadow, wow your dh is committed!! Good on him. He is the total opposite of my DH, My Dh just wants it to happen, and not talk about it hahaha. He HATES me talking about o, cm, af anything to do with it. He cringes at the thought of me giving birth and just says he will deal with it then, but not think about it now!

Indigo, it is possible it was just a little breakthrough bleed and you are in fact pregnant? I would test again just to be sure, and if you are still uncertain and concerned maybe go see your GP?

Funchu, we used condoms for about 2 weeks when I stopped bc, I stopped bc because my body (after 16 years on the pill) lost the plot and my cycles went out of control. DH was not quite ready to ttc, but after using condoms 2 or 3 times he cracked and said lets just "see what happens" not using them as we both hate them so much! (If i had of know he would agree to ttc earlier I would have just stopped bc ages ago lol)

raising your hips after dtd may be a myth, (and I am sure most likely is) but I don't care I still do it, I figure if I can make gravity help those little swimmers I will. I try and stay like that for about 20 min, (and Disney, I sing to them too hahaha) and I notice that when I get up, *TMI* a lot less comes back out, so it must do something??