Closed Thread
Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2013...The year of BFP's!

I'm with you Disney! I'll probably giggle inappropriately the whole time, it will feel so weird knowing you are HOPING for a baby instead of all those years hoping you won't get pregnant.

Do any of you ladies prop up your hips to let gravity help afterwards? Or is that an urban myth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    Hey everyone.
    Haven't read everyone's replies on here but I will try to catch up.
    I see lots of people are getting into their fitness. That is one thing I am really struggling with motivation for. I am in a normal body weight range but I know I'm not at the best level of health so I really need to get onto some sort of program. Maybe we can try to keep each other motivated sonehow? I'm not good with motivation on my own.
    So exciting that some of us are already ttc. I can remember when I first came across the original thread and was glad I wasn't the only one who was hanging out waiting for 2013.
    Lately dh has really come on board with everything baby which is awesome so hopefully he changes his mind about ttc earlier. We had an awesome weekend away to celebrate our first wedding anniversary on the weekend and when we came home dh suggested going to look at some cars so we can decide on a new 'family car' so I know he is really thinking about it now. He always swore he was never getting rid of his car because a bigger car wasn't necessary but now he is saying we need the safest possible car to carry out kids. Music to my ears

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Lra - keeping each other and everyone else motivated is a brilliant idea!!

What did you do for your first wedding anniversary. I have mine coming up in march and in feb we will be celebrating 10 years together. I'm trying to decide if our 'old' anniversary counts or does it reset once you get married?

We have started looking at a family car too! Dh just said about 3 months ago ok I think we need to start to looking for a family car because we wont get a car seat in our current car and the boot is too small for a pram. We are looking at the hyundai ix35 highlander, the Mazda cx5 and the Honda crv. I honestly don't care what we get (much like dh doesn't really care about what nursery furniture we get lol) I think they are all fine but apparently it's a very big deal and must research is needed! Ah boys... It's such good news your dh is coming around to the idea of a baby! It's so exciting once they start saying things baby related without being prompted.

Futuremama - I have cut back on coffee I had a serious habit and I'm slowly weaning but i hear pregnant women can i have one coffee a day. anyone else know if this is true? In regards to alcohol I'm not sure what the 'thing to do' is. I figure ill stop once I find out. With the exception of the last 3 months I really don't drink much at all. That said I'm due to o on our 10 year anniversary and a week and a half later we are going to the hunter valley for a friends birthday so I don't know what to do? Do I do the wine tastings or not?!?

elswyth - cutting out sugar? As in sugar you add to things ? Or all sugar in general? Does fruit count? Good question about the gravity thing! Is propping your hips enough or should do try and lie upside down off the bed? Or is that just stupid?

M2OR - I have heard great things about clean eating!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    Hi! Well done Elswyth, I'm sugar free too. Isn't is fantastic?
    Afm---- I think maybe I have... Changed my mind?!
    A few days ago an undercover Hubber started going through some legal dramas with her partner being arrested; she'd been with him for only 4 months and poor thing now has to evaluate their whole relationship. It really got me to thinking: how well can you know somebody after such a short time? I mean, my DP and I have been together 5 months. Yes, only 5 months. And we want to have a baby together, or at least try to next month. What if we are successful? But what if he's actually not the right guy to be having babies with? I already made one significant error in judgement with DS's fob. And I made a joke about my mum not thinking I could be pregnant because I put away a whole bottle of champers on NYE and she laughed and said she never thought I was pg cause I wouldn't be that stupid....
    The trouble is that even with the doubt creeping up on me, I still want that damned baby. But what if??? I haven't been too thrilled about the way DP is parenting his own difficult Master 7 lately, and I'm not sure that's the attitude I want him taking with my future bubbeh.
    I know you'll probs all say, if you have doubts, hold off, don't do it, there's no rush... But I wants it, girls. I wants that baby.
    this is a tough one. PERSONALLY for ME I think 5 months is a very short time to consider a child, I would maybe think about living with someone after 5 months, kids not so much. I'm also a very big believer that your gut feeling is always right! Every time, without question! So if you have doubts I would Take that on board. I completely understand the burning desire to have a baby. We all do, but maybe if you are having a second thought. Just have a serious think about it. That's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Disney. I guess we will see.. My OPKs arrived today lol I want to use them

As for the sugar thing, it's everything containing fructose (which is basically everything) except fruit, which is limited to no more than 2 pieces per day. If you do decide to eat something that has fructose in it, it's not allowed to have more than 3% sugar, which is 3g in 100g of the food/drink.
    Typically in a day I eat:
    Breakfast
    Raw macadamias and walnuts with strawberries, plain yogurt and a tspn of rice malt syrup (maltose is allowed, it's basically glucose, no fructose) and a cup of tea with full cream milk
    Lunch
    'Protein' salad, ie ham and chicken with veggies, or leftover dinner from the night before, and another cuppa
    Dinner
    Pasta, meat and 3 veg, homemade pizza, just about anything really

I don't snack because I don't need to; going fructose free resets your internal full metre and I am hard pressed to eat dinner before 8pm, I'm just not hungry. I generally go 5 hrs between meals because I'm not hungry
    I try to limit grains to once a day because they bloat me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

Disney  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Be careful Mare..... I warn you that OPK's can become a serious addiction I'm trying to cut down

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hi Gals, just wanted to ask a stupid question but I have no idea on this.

I haven't been on the pill for three months because my cycle was all over the place. Anyway, I had a normal cycle in dec that was as per the norm (yay back to normal, 32 day cycle). Anyway AF ended and the 2nd and 3rd day after it ended Dp and I, well, got cosy. Just spur of the moment and I noticed a bit of spotting the next day after each time.

I highly doubt pregnancy but just wanted to see if there was any chance it could happen, or would it be highly unlikely?

DP and I are keen for TTC #2 this year but a bit later down the track.

I'm glad to know my cycle is normal again however, it was an annoying few months.

I hope everyone stays hydrated tomorrow with all the heat around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would say your chances are slim grey but you never know!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Slim is good, I have weightloss plans first. Just silly of us to not be careful.

However if for some bizarre chance it happened then it would be welcomed.

Cycles are so hard. I've never tracked mine. I just knew it was about 32-35 days. But the ins and outs are quite confusing. Gosh knows how you guys can know what's up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney - Im the opposite! I actaully have told DF to stop tlaking about baby related stuff! He has been talking about it since DS (now almost 22mnths) was 6 months old!! He has covered the new car issue, any new furniture, everything. He just looks foward to DTD, and always asks me "Are you fertile yet??" yep way to create the mood honey!! I deleted my tracking app off my phone, he would grab it and look for the days it says i was fertile Its great he's on board, but jeez! LOL

I got my delivery of my IC HPTs today, was hoping I would grab the mail sneakily and hide them without him finding them (he didnt know i got them)...hah! Postie came as he arrived home for lunch, he was like "ooh whats this?!" and started opening it - out the front of the house We also have SIL and bro here who have been TTC since May 2011 without success, and dont know we are TTC!! So i grabbed them and done a runner, but he persisted asking were they "baby tests" lol Well yes, yes they are...He then reminded me i have a digi stashed around here too lol.

There is no way i could ever give up sugar... OMG. LOL. I am a chocoholic. As for coffee in pregnancy, im not sure about the 1 cup a day... However, I am a SERIOUS Diet coke addict... Have been since a teen... I dont drink coffee or tea or anything, just diet coke and water, and the occassional flavored milk... I continued through my pregnancy drinking it, but reduced the amount to probably half.. I stopped when he was born as i was BF, but had really bad withdrawls so started with a few sips here and there, and within a few months was back to normal.

I dont think it had a bad effect on DS, so maybe i was lucky...however we do wonder if he has ADD lol. In true toddler form He. Does. NOT. Stop!! He wont sit still, he is constantly on the go..he is like a bee buzzing around!! The only things that will keep him "still" is drawing/painting/playdough, blocks and his trains. I didnt notice any difference in him when i was BF with or without the coke...But then he was having a 15min BF from me, then would follow it up with a bottle of EBM and/or Formula. By 6mnths he was only getting about 1 bottle of 6-8 a day of Breast milk (solely expressing, he refused breast from 4mnths) So he probably wasnt really getting much to begin with. I DONT reccomend it though, but its just my experience.

It also throws out the myths that my so called "Friend" told me when i was about 16.. "Drinking diet coke makes you infertile. You wont ever have kids" Lol.

I think its like everything, in moderation it should be ok.

Lifeinshades - TMI But if you really enjoyed each others company and things became a bit....rough...it can be known to cause spotting.
    Other than that, do you know when you Ovulate??
    What CD would you have been on the days you DTD?

Apparently swimmers can survive for up to 5 days, so If you DTD within the 6 days before you Ovulate/d. The Egg only survives a short time to be fertalised (12hrs average but ive read 12-24), id say theres a slight chance if it falls in the fertile period....

When is your next AF due? Are you having any symptoms? Implantation spotting/bleeding usually happens 5-12 days After Ovulation, not at the time of DTD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    Wow! I'm so impressed with you ladies. How on earth do you go completely sugar free, it seems to be in everything? I would be really interested to know you would eat on an average day! Well done!
    Thanks LRA! I thought it would be ridiculously hard but it's actually not, and the results are really worth it.

As Marepoppin said, it's fructose that is the enemy.

The thing that convinced me was to think about sugar cane.. everyone says sugar comes from a plant so it must be natural, but if you look up all the processing that they do to sugar cane to get the sugar out.. it's pretty intense and unnatural, therefore the human body never evolved to process it.

We never evolved to process as much sugar as we are 'allowed' to have a day according to government standards.. which is 90g or 20 teaspoons. The recommended amount is 6g.. that is what our grandparents ate in the 20s and 30s before the explosion of the obesity/heart disease/diabetes epidemic. The common belief is that the food industry puts sugar in everything because it's addictive.. which I believe!

http://www.sugarstacks.com/ is a good place to see how much sugar is in everything! For example ketchup has more sugar than chocolate sauce.

Anyway a normal day for me is a smoothie in the morning with yoghurt and milk, coconut cream and berries, lunch is generally minestrone vegetable soup or a sandwich on sourdough with ham and salad, and dinner is usually fish and veg or lasagne or slow cooker meat stew or something like that. You can still eat most delicious things! Fat is okay, but sugar is not. You can eat plenty of fatty meat and stuff, because it's really filling and your body can process it.

I recommend looking up Dr Robert Lustig, David Gillespie or Sarah Wilson for more info about it all!

/end sugar rant