+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default NYE- stuck with smokers!

I found it pretty surprising actually as well that these ppl I call friends think smoking a joint near me would be acceptable. Inside I could still smell it coming thru the doors but I just hid my face under the blanket i was under on the couch. They are looking at getting pregnant soon and know they'll have to quit for it so why smoke around me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: NYE- stuck with smokers!

People don't smoke around me. Ever. I've been pretty clear since I was a kid that I think it is disgusting and won't tolerate it.

Also the only smokers that I see are family and they always go outside away from everyone if they want to smoke. Then they spray deodorant/perfume if they can't have a shower so they are fairly considerate.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am lucky as all my good friends don't smoke .. Don't know any smokers now .
    I would leave or if it is my house .. Tell them to smoke out the front .. I really hate smokers!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only know 2 people who smoke - 1 friend, and my FIL. Both are considerate, and go elsewhere to smoke, so luckily I haven't had to be in that situation where lots of people are doing it around me.

I think I would probably leave, tbh. I hate smoking - hate the smell of it, and the way it gets in your clothes. We don't let anyone smoke at our house, so if it happened at someone else's house I'd probably make my excuses and would go! It sucks, but smoke all around would spoil an evening for me if I stayed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Everyone I know refuses to smoke around me, I use to smoke and have up before I found out I'm pregnant. Only one person my exs fiancé who seemed to have lost her brain on Xmas day and thought it was ok to light up at the handover around my children and then gave my don a kiss while I was holding him and pregnant with the cigarette still in her hand covering my son and I in it.

I was always mindful of being around other people while having a smoke and wouldn't do so around the kids.
    Couldn't say anything though cause there is a current custody battle and they try to say I cause arguments so I keep my mouth shut and don't say a word.

Friends and family should be considerate enough to move away while having a smoke but also if most people there were smoking and you were sitting in their group I guess you would have still felt alone when they all moved away to have one. I find i can be around people and just stand in a position that the smoke is directed away from me but I can still have a conversation

Thanks
    Reviews

DF and I are non-smokers so it's not overly often that I'm around smokers, I suppose I think about people who live with smokers, or worse, those that smoke during pregnancy, and I suppose my limited exposure to it would have minimal effects.

But when I am around smokers (like last night) it is always outside and I just sit up wind. Most people are pretty courteous and make sure they're not blowing smoke in my face.

Thanks
    Reviews

All my friends make sure they don't smoke around me but my selfish step mum always smoke in front if me !!! Annoys me so much!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: NYE- stuck with smokers!

I am 39 weeks pregnant and we had a small get together with our closest friends and even they didn't give two hoots about me and their cigarette smoke! They all smoke every one of them, I got up and walked around the back yard if it was too close but being undercover it kind of got dutched out under there and someone always had one in their mouths! My dh was the only one making an effort to walk out the back to have one and tried to encourage others to do the same without being rude! His best friend even apologised for smoking near me but did not move away so I walked away!!! I was really annoyed to be honest!!!

Sent from my ST25a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I wouldn't worry too much TBH. If it was a regular scenario (once every week/day) I'd be careful, but once in a blue moon I'm sure bubs is fine

Personally I just move away a little but won't bug ppl about not smoking around me. If I'm bothered it's easier for me to move.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was having a get together with other mother's with newborns... sitting at a cafe outside... and someone up wind lit up... wasn't happy about it.

I really resent it when smokers visit me and have to go outside for a smoke. They tend to leave the screen door open, and it drifts inside... then they sit on my couch... Where DP and I are now, we only have one friend who visits us and smokes. I don't know what to do about that. I like having him over, but I don't want DD to crawl all over him when he smokes...

No one in my family smokes, other then DP's dad and BIL. Very, very few of my friends do. The friends that do move right away for a smoke, or they won't if DD is around. My whole family disapproves of smokers. If you light up around my family, you can expect a bit of shunning, and lots of dirty looks. Just not in our culture/ family. That's not a judgement, that's just stating how we are.

I guess attitudes to smoking depends if your family do, or not, and how easy going you are. I used to smoke, but haven't since I was pregnant, and never ever around my family.

At uni, a lot of my fellow nursing students get really annoyed with another nursing students who smoke. Really, really annoyed. I get really annoyed that I can't sit outside without smelling smoke and seeing people drop butts. By the end of the day I get narky and I tend to tell people "I'm sorry. I was here first. Do you mind?" or "HEY PICK YOUR BUTT UP."
    DP is worried that one day, I will get my face punched in....

DP used to smoke, but he quit. Combination of me, health facts, and wanting to be a dad with a baby as healthy as can be and not wanting to be "weak." Even as a smoker though, he loathed women who smoked, anyone who smoked around pregnant women, and anyone who smoked near their children. When he smoked, he would go right outside and smoke by his car... he never realised that it all drifted inside through out open bedroom windows!

I've been at a party with smokers. I couldn't enjoy myself, so I ended up leaving early. I guess a combination of the smoke stinks, I don't want the damage to my lungs, and wanting to kick their teeth in- don't they know how bad it is for them? If I'm going to sit alone inside, I might as well do it at home.

Very few people in my circle smoke, so it doesn't happen often.