+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Recommendation on a double pram?

Mountain buggy duet or duo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendation on a double pram?

I have a BJCS and I don't like it as a double pram. My baby grew out if the bassinet in by 12 weeks and since then I have really struggled to find a seating combo where my toddler is unable to kick my new born.

Also the only way I can have it with the toddler at the front facing out means her weight is over the smaller wheels making it very hard to steer and it has come close to tipping a few times.

Overall I am very disappointed with it as a double pram. The 16 different seating combos look great on paper but in reality none of them work.

Definitely go to a baby store and push a few round and try the seating combos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Baby jogger city select. Best out of all the prams I've owned. Looks like a road train in double mode but cannot complain about any of it's features.

Thanks
    Reviews

We almost bought the bjcs as our double but then on the third viewing, the sales lady was pretty scathing of it- main problem being (as someone else said) that in practice there aren't many seating options for 2 kids especially when they need to recline. I was so disappointed as it seemed to tick all our boxes.

We ended up going with the baby jogger city select mini gt and I looooove it so much. It is a side by side so that may rule it out for you but I highly recommend it. A number of friends with 2 all recommended it- especially over the mountain buggy which was my second choice - and we have been delighted with it.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

There is only one way I've found the bjcs to work with toddler and baby and that's both of them facing me with toddler up front closest to me. It's the only way I can push it without feeling like they will tip over!

It disappointed me to start with as I wanted my newborn up top but the weight of my toddler was too much.

That said, i do still love it and would recommend it because its so easy to put together and pull apart, it's easy to steer and has fantastic basket space. Also because I use my ergo a lot I use it as a single a lot. So the convenience of having either a single or a double whenever I want it is great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have never had an issue with the positions of my children in the bjcs. This is actually the first thread I have seen with people not liking it for these reasons.

I can put mine facing together and still recline each, I can face them outward from each other (no recline) or both facing me (recline possible) both facing away from me (recline possible) again no issues here with weight or tipping and I use it for my 4.5year old (23kg's), 2.5 year old (16kg's) and shopping. In the almost 2 years I have had it it hasn't once tipped or felt like it was going too. I find all the wheels small and large are very durable and hold weight well and turn extremely well. As I said I couldn't fault it. The only thing is when you add a capsule your reclining positions are limited but that's it. Also ALL prams with a bassinet don't last long (so I never saw the point in buying a bassinet). I would definitely check it out.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you so much for your help

I will definitely be going to have a play with it and see what I think but it's looking like I will be getting it