+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: How to get the baby up 2 flights of stairs from our car to our apartment?

I would just carry the baby or put it in a carrier as others have said.
    I would only take the pram inside the apartment if i really had too.
    I know once i bought a car and got my licence the pram lived in the boot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How to get the baby up 2 flights of stairs from our car to our apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    I'm desperate to know why the pram can't be left in the boot
    Haha me too! Respond already OP lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (31-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Haha me too! Respond already OP lol
    Me three!

I have a stroller that lives in the car boot, never comes out at home as there's no need - that's what the Ergo is for. Then I have my Mountain Buggy that never goes in the car, that lives on the front veranda and is for local walks or train trips only.

OP, unless you plan on wheeling the baby around INSIDE your apartment, you have no need to take it upstairs.

I used to live in an apartment, but it had a huge entry hall where I could park the pram and we lived on the ground level (and the apartment block had a lift). I hardly took that in the car and used it every day for local walks. If I had been in your shoes I wouldn't have bothered taking it up the stairs.

If you find that you need the pram for daily walks, just pop baby in the carrier, go downstairs, get the pram out and put baby in it. It really would be a hassle to cart it up all those stairs by the sounds of it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to get the baby up 2 flights of stairs from our car to our apartment?

Ergo carrier. Bub is nice and secure and you will have two hands free. Leave the pram in the car. A capsule would be ok if you really didn't want to wake bub but not all the time as they are heavy and awkward up and down stairs.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Good lord yes leave the pram in the car and use a carrier, lie my ring sling for quick things like this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree with the sling suggestions / leaving pram in car. If you do get a pram/capsule combination check how heavy it is. I used one with DS1 and found once the baby was in it it was so heavy I struggled to lift it for very long. Could be tricky up stairs.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would be moving before planning no 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How to get the baby up 2 flights of stairs from our car to our apartment?

Yep. Carrier.

I wouldn't carry the capsule all that way. Capsule weight + baby weight = bloody heavy!

Also, if you have babies like mine, they don't stay asleep if you're walking and bumping around with the capsule.

As for the pram, LEAVE IT IN YOUR CAR!

*I can haz typos*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (01-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Capsule. Look into hiring, much cheaper than buying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for your replies.

The reason I will need to take the pram up and down between the car and the apartment is because our apartment DOES have direct lift access to the street. (But no lift access to the carpark).

This means that if I want to take bub out for a walk/up to the shops, I can put her in the pram in the apartment, take her down in the lifts, and walk straight out the door onto the street.

BUT you can't get from the carpark onto the street, so to get the pram out onto the street from our car I have to take it up to the apartment (up the stairs), then down in the lift to the street.

But if I am going out with bub in the car to a park, shopping mall, etc, I will need to take the pram back down the stairs to the car to put it in the boot.

Ah what a hassle!! I emailed our building manager and he told me it is going to be "a nightmare" with the building design but there is nothing he can do, he confirmed that there is no lift access between the carpark and our apartment/the street.