+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Itchy tummy and new stretch marks this early??

Good morning,

I have a bit of a silly question for you all today, I am currently in my 6th week of pregnancy over the last couple of days I have noticed new stretch marks appearing around my belly button and they are really itchy, I have been applying bio oil morning and night and if necessary again during the day however nothing seems to be giving me any relief.

Is this abnormal to have itchy tummy and new stretchmarks already?
    I thought I might be spared a couple more weeks as my stretch marks were quite deep and red for a long time and have only just gone down, only for new ones to appear with this pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Keep in mind hormones play a part in stretch marks, not just stretching so they can appear even before you have stretched. Also the skin is already weakened from your previous stretch marks.
    With my first the stretch marks didn't appear until the final weeks but with my second they started popping up at around 20 weeks, I barely even had a belly at this stage. Very annoying
    Could the bio oil be causing the itch, it made me itch horrendously and then break out in a rash? Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Keep in mind hormones play a part in stretch marks, not just stretching so they can appear even before you have stretched. Also the skin is already weakened from your previous stretch marks.
    With my first the stretch marks didn't appear until the final weeks but with my second they started popping up at around 20 weeks, I barely even had a belly at this stage. Very annoying
    Could the bio oil be causing the itch, it made me itch horrendously and then break out in a rash? Just a thought.
    Thanks MothersMilk I didn't use the Bio Oil last night and funnily enough the itching has stopped, maybe just a new sensitivity did you use anything else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've have used heaps of things. My favourite is pure vitamin e oil and just a basic moisturiser. I also use avocado oil which is nice.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I found stretch marks early. I just used moisturiser but the damage was done. I am a tiger with silver stripes. I heard stretch marks where genetic or something? If that's correct? So certain people are more prone to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I use palmers cocoa butter. It makes my skin so lovely and soft.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I know the itching. Every time I feel itchy I rub some moisturizer over it. I don't have stretch marks though so can't help there.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    I found stretch marks early. I just used moisturiser but the damage was done. I am a tiger with silver stripes. I heard stretch marks where genetic or something? If that's correct? So certain people are more prone to them.
    You should see what a tiger my breasts are I only noticed how badly marked they are after my shower the other day. All silver though so I guess they're from when I put on a lot of weight last year rather than my pregnancy though.

Thanks
    Reviews

They can come at any time (and nothing prevents them fully) i got them at 39-41 weeks. Thought I had escaped! Damn ;-/

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    You should see what a tiger my breasts are I only noticed how badly marked they are after my shower the other day. All silver though so I guess they're from when I put on a lot of weight last year rather than my pregnancy though.
    I went from a B to a D cup with DD1 and with this pregnancy I have gone from a C cup to an E cup. The stretch marks on my breasts are awful! They are really wide and the skin is really thin.