+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default School Bags for prep?

Hi all, the thread about school shoes got me thinking.

Where can I buy a good quality, heavy duty school bag for ds who starts prep in the new year?

We live rurally so not much option here and I hate skeleton themes etc which seems to be all I can find in the local stores. So thinking of buying online.

It needs to be big enough to fit:
    Spare change of clothes, lunch box, water bottle, hat, small pillow, small umbrella and a few books etc.

Can anyone give me either:
    1. Your recommendations on which brand is good and poor quality
    2. Online stores
    3. Your thoughts etc.
    4. Anything else lol

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: School Bags for prep?

Have you had a look on ebay? That's where i've bought the kids bags in the past.
    In prep all DS had to take was a lunch box, hat and drink bottle so he didn't need a big bag nor did the quality matter.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Big W bags are pretty solid. They do often have poo designs but there should be a couple that are either plain or have nice patterns.
    Failing that if you don't mind spending extra money, the surf shops always have very durable bags that don't have dumb designs.

Thanks
    Reviews

We got one from a surf store, billabong brand, and its lasted beautifully the last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS has been using THIS one at daycare for the past couple of years. It still looks brand new! There are a few different designs available, we have the spaceship one

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Tumbleweed View Post
    DS has been using THIS one at daycare for the past couple of years. It still looks brand new! There are a few different designs available, we have the spaceship one
    Thanks, we actually have these bags also (ds has the space ship one) and they do wear incredibly well. But they are just to small for everything that needs to go in it we have the largest size too. If it were possible to go larger again I would definitely get another one.

I saw one at bigW and wondered how it would hold up. I was pretty happy with how it looked and what it could hold with the added chest and waist strap thanks for that.

I thought about going a brand like billabong. Might have to check them out. Don't want anything to stiff iykwim and I find they are but that's dh's pick also.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    PLEASE make sure the bag is big enough to fit in extra things like artwork without squashing it.
    I work in after school care and sooooo many kindy/pre-primary kids have tiny bags and when they walk out of class carrying an armfull of artwork it has to get stuffed into the bag and gets ruined.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    PLEASE make sure the bag is big enough to fit in extra things like artwork without squashing it.
    I work in after school care and sooooo many kindy/pre-primary kids have tiny bags and when they walk out of class carrying an armfull of artwork it has to get stuffed into the bag and gets ruined.
    Thanks London, I LOVE my children's art work etc. definitely love getting it in one piece yes my ds is going to look like one of those new preppies carry the bag that makes him look like a midget we are both so excited! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DS1 had a great big quiksilver one that has lasted 4 years!
    He got a new one for Christmas but will still be using the old one for an overnight/sports bag.
    I've found surf brands last incredibly well.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

When dd1 was in kindy I bought a cheap kmart bag it did not last long at all
    Last year I bought one from the city beach and its been fantastic still in awesome condition dd1 will be using next year

Our school request each child have a extra bag ( just one of those shopping bags from coles or woolies for artwork and stuff