+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Started toilet training yesterday

We started TT our dd yesterday. Just have a few Qs. She did a poo in the toilet and 3 wees on the floor so its gonna be a messy day i think!

She naps in the arvo for about 1-2 hrs so im guessing i chuck a nappy on her for these until she masters it well during the day?

And im asking her all the time if she needs to go and sitting her on the toilet every half an hour for a few mins. Is this correct?

Any help would b great. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Started toilet training yesterday

Bump?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

I'd keep the nappies on at sleep times until you think she's ready. Always take her to the toilet beforehand and after she starts waking up with dry nappies you'll know she is ready.

Talk to her about it and let her see you going to the toilet.

Our bathroom is in the middle of our house so DS would see us always going in there and would ask to go as well.

Also never say no to her asking to go even if you don't think she''ll do anything. You need to make it fun and let her know she has some control rather than you forcing it.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I found dd1 often didn't sit down long enough to do anything or was too excited/tense. We started to read her a book or two to relax her a bit. Worked well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

With DD I took her to the toilet at key times, before and after morning tea, before and after lunch then before bed and straight after she woke up, I went cold turkey off nappies during the day even for sleeps... They don't like wetting the bed lol they won't do it too much and if you have a water proof matress protector that helps
    Then I took her to the loo before we went out to play and after we came in, I also had a potty in the back yard as our house was up stairs down stairs.
    ** I also had brollie sheets that I used for day sleeps so no need to change the sheets

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    With DD I took her to the toilet at key times, before and after morning tea, before and after lunch then before bed and straight after she woke up, I went cold turkey off nappies during the day even for sleeps... They don't like wetting the bed lol they won't do it too much and if you have a water proof matress protector that helps
    Then I took her to the loo before we went out to play and after we came in, I also had a potty in the back yard as our house was up stairs down stairs.
    ** I also had brollie sheets that I used for day sleeps so no need to change the sheets
    This!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah i always talk to her about it and she watches me go

So far today she has done 2 wees on the floor and nothing on the loo but been up and down off the toilet 100 times, knickers on and off and tells me she needs to do a poo literally every 3 minutes lol. Im exhausted! She thinks its awesome fun!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I found dd1 often didn't sit down long enough to do anything or was too excited/tense. We started to read her a book or two to relax her a bit. Worked well
    Im trying this but even thats not keeping her on long.