+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Need tips! Toddler won't let me shower:(

That's what Playschool is for.

I know no tv under 2 but that half hour in the morning is bliss and I really don't think it's damaging DS at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post

I know no tv under 2 but that half hour in the morning is bliss and I really don't think it's damaging DS at all.
    I've tried this - have a tv in my bedroom (next to ensuite/shower) but DS just isn't interested! He has to be in the ensuite with me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Normally I wait until she is a sleep, but I couldn't today, so I had some toys and food in the bathroom for her. She wasn't interested and kept trying to open the shower door, so she came in with me and loved it. I have done the highchair trick during breakfast or lunch time as well, if that's an option for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    LoCo I feel your pain, my DS is 16mths too and is the same now.

I'm also not interested in getting up at 5.30 just to have a shower, or wait until lunch when he goes to sleep.

ATM, he is happy being entertained with a big box of cotton buds! He loves tipping them all out and putting them all back in etc Otherwise I let him play in my 'hair' draw, my brushes, ties etc that are all safe, but usually a 'no go zone'. So he thinks he has won a battle IYKWIM. Keeps him entertained long enough for me to shower on my own.
    That is hilarious i thought i was the only one who did that she's only just gotten bored of the cotton buds haha it lasted so long! I think I'll try the drawer thing tomorrow but I just know she'll either try jump in with me anyway or try jump in the toilet! She loves water it's crazy I found her standing in the dogs water bowl yesterday lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post

My DD for some reason will not watch tv I've tried putting wiggles play school and music but she just won't watch it for longer than maybe 10 seconds! She rather smash on my back door to let her out with the dogs.

I think tv would be great for 5 minutes a day so I can showerrrrrr!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok does anyone know where I can buy a non slip mat for shower ..!???

Again I am very very clumsy so I need this mat? Would a chemist sell it? I am sure seniors buy them so I wonder where

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I got ours from target - DS has been showering with us from 9 months! Now at 26 months as pp said , he sits and watches play school or Dora and I get 15 mins to myself!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I got ours from target - DS has been showering with us from 9 months! Now at 26 months as pp said , he sits and watches play school or Dora and I get 15 mins to myself!
    Thank you ill be going ASAP

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Need tips! Toddler won't let me shower:(

I stopped having a shower in the morning for this reason, I would have one when the kids were asleep (naps or bedtime). It took a bit of getting used to not showering first thing but it was the best option for me

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

LoCo, our DDs sound so similar. Mine insists on being in the bathroom with me and keeps opening the shower door. She hates actually being in the shower while it's on though, but is obsessed with standing in there when it's not running. Weird little munchkin. She also bangs on the back door wanting to go play with the dogs and always goes straight to their water bowl.

I just try to distract her by talking, singing, giving her toys and books and just basically try to be as quick as I can.

I got a non slip mat for the bath from kmart or big W.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (04-01-2013)