+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rolling over

So my DD rolled over from her tummy to her back at 12 weeks but has only done it about 5 times in the last 2 months. She doesn't even try. Yesterday she rolled from her back to her tummy and she worked very hard at it so I know it was on purpose. Has anyone else had their babies do this. Is it normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our bubba did a bit of tummy to back rolling for a little while, then completely stopped. At 5 months we had a maternal health nurse appointment and I told her he doesn't roll, I said I think he's too lazy!! She said as long as he has shown he can not to worry, but give him lots of floor time and encourage the rolling...
    so I took him home and DH and I played with him on the floor for half an hour making him roll over (it was a bit like training a dog!) ... Next day he started spontaneously rolling.... Now to teach him to roll back again!!!!

so....I think they just get lazy .... And fair enough .... I'd love to just lie around and have everyone wait on me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes as well when they are very young and doing tummy time, they can lift their head up and kind of overbalance and roll over onto their back. My DS did this a few times when he was really little. He didn't start to actually roll on purpose until a month or so later.

Maybe this is what your DD did early on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Rolling over

My DD has been the same. She went through a week long phase of rolling (tummy to back) and then pretty much stopped. She's 5 months just about and she hasn't rolled in a couple of weeks. She's on her tummy heaps every day, just doesn't want to roll!