+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Do you think this is unfair? *long*

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Just lost all my reply!

Vic park obviously you aren't aware of this but about $200 a week for 20-30 hours is standards for a au pair, as the room and board, foxtel and wifi and the rest of it is worth several hundred dollars.

You can actually get an untrained demi pair for 20 hours week free, just provide room and board.

I am really looking forward to spending some one on one time with the kids, but can't take a full day off working. Would have to make the time up after bedtime but that is ok as I love my job.
    Ahh live in and board etc makes sense. I know I'd never be an au pair though $200 week and having no privacy... No thanks!

Do you have Any time off from work at all?? You should take 6 weeks at least!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

No, def not, as self employed and if I don't work nobody does (and no income either)

Thanks
    Reviews

But to put it in perspective - I love my job which is done from home and I do no housework at all - most women having babies don't get a break from housework for 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Do you think this is unfair? *long*

I think it was unfair of dh to talk to the brother after you had said no, but at the same time i know he would of been trying to help.

I do age you're right to try to cut your losses now. Is it a cultural thing that makes him frightened of you a the matriarch or something? Is there another family member other than dh you can get to help explain the situation and significance of it?

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews

I think just that I'm white .... I will be really nice to him when he comes tomorrow and make up for dh being a d1ck.

Realistically I will have to organise someone else so he can just stay here as a guest

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    I agree with this.

If you do feel guilty about your BIL then perhaps get your hubby to give him a very clear outline of what you expected from him - if he isn't up for that them cut your losses and find someone who can help you the way you need.
    this. id be sitting down, and discussing his 'roster' (for me 8-11am and 3-6pm would be non-negotiable, to get the kids out of the house, and dinner ready) and going from there.
    when we looked at au pairs it was about 30 hrs of work a week for them