+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How do you get over being cheated on?

I got cheated on with my first real boy friend whilst I was pregnant (miscarried) and I forgave him but never got over it. So it basically ruined our relationship. I got so paranoid about his phone, email, face book, where he was going etc. Drove me insane. And he just treated me like crap so one day I woke up and said see ya later!

Even to this day I have trust issues. I've been with my dp for 3 years now and his never done anything for me not to trust him. He treats me right and is a total sweetheart But it's still at the back of my mine. I think it always will be.

Being cheated on by someone who I was so in love with has scarred me for life. I was so crazy about him, I literally felt my heart break. Even thinking about it now brings back so much hurt and betrayal.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alicia92 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Unfortunately I could have written this. I want counseling, we can't afford it. Sometimes I love DH, sometimes I hate him.

I KNOW he is truly sorry for what he did but it doesn't mean sh!t on its own.
    Unfortunately I could've written that and your post too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you all so much. This is all pretty new to me, a couple of months since I found out, so I think I am still in the early days as far as being able to forgive, and I certainly don't see how I can ever forget. I think actually I have a minor form of post traumatic stress syndrome (if there is such a thing as minor PTSD). God it is hard. But thanks for letting me know I'm not alone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twotrunks For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was recommended a book to read called "Not 'just friends' " and found parts of it really helped me. It was helpful to read that the way I was feeling was right and justified and it actually helped to explain how I was feeling to DH.

Don't expect too much of yourself after only a couple of months as it will all still be really fresh. A lovely hubber helped me through things and I never thought I would get to the over side but I did and you will do too in whichever way you decide.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PippaG For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013),twotrunks  (31-12-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How do you get over being cheated on?

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Please, do yourself a favour and stop sleeping with him. You are worth so much more!
    I agree

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (30-12-2012)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Will never forget it. I Ignore it most of the time but there are times when it all comes back.
    Also not exactly in a relationship with him anymore, long story but were not using the title but pretty much are still together. That makes it easier as if I found him being sneaky again I have no real ties to him and can just leave. So far it's been a year and despite us having a couple months where all the feelings and thoughts kept at me so I stopped being close to him (and got with another guy who was worse than cheating ex, and knocked me up) were still close and it's going okay.
    Oh and his cheating was two years ago and kind of earlier this year (too much to explain for that one as we've been in a weird relationship the last two years)

No idea if I've made sense but yeah, in my experience you never get over it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (31-12-2012)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia92 View Post
    I got cheated on with my first real boy friend whilst I was pregnant (miscarried) and I forgave him but never got over it. So it basically ruined our relationship. I got so paranoid about his phone, email, face book, where he was going etc. Drove me insane. And he just treated me like crap so one day I woke up and said see ya later!

Even to this day I have trust issues. I've been with my dp for 3 years now and his never done anything for me not to trust him. He treats me right and is a total sweetheart But it's still at the back of my mine. I think it always will be.

Being cheated on by someone who I was so in love with has scarred me for life. I was so crazy about him, I literally felt my heart break. Even thinking about it now brings back so much hurt and betrayal.

I know exactly this
    I can't even trust friends or family I have literally no trust to give anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex hubby cheated on me and still to this day with new DF when he is at work or online when im at work i get nervous that he seeing someone else. His ex cheated on him so i know he wouldnt do it but its still on the back of my mind from the last one.
    Although this isnt what broke our marriage we did try to make it work. It puts your self esteem through the ringer as you are not good enough. Its a hard thing to put behind you but if your relationship is strong enough you can get through anything

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lese82 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013),twotrunks  (31-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How do you get over being cheated on?

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I know exactly this
    I can't even trust friends or family I have literally no trust to give anymore.
    me neither. Doesn't matter how hard I try, there's always a thought of being hurt again!