+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How do you get over being cheated on?

We never bring up DH cheating (emotional and minor physical) in anger but we have discussed it in depth and can now make jokes about it without either of us getting upset. Our relationship is stronger for it. But it took a lot to get thru it and more to truly forgive. Its not something either of us try to forget because we don't want anything like that to happen again.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013),twotrunks  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you get over being cheated on?

It's hard I've been cheated on 3 times (that I know of) in 7 years. The first 2 don't really bother me, they last one happened while I was pregnant and he is still with her now and missed the birth, so that one still hurts and we still fight over it. I don't think he will change because he still sleeps with me while dating the new one. She knows, she doesn't care.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shhhsleeping For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013),twotrunks  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shhhsleeping View Post
    It's hard I've been cheated on 3 times (that I know of) in 7 years. The first 2 don't really bother me, they last one happened while I was pregnant and he is still with her now and missed the birth, so that one still hurts and we still fight over it. I don't think he will change because he still sleeps with me while dating the new one. She knows, she doesn't care.
    Please, do yourself a favour and stop sleeping with him. You are worth so much more!

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (30-12-2012),dancingchipmunk  (21-01-2013),delirium  (30-12-2012),HarvestMoon  (30-12-2012),Luvmydogs  (30-12-2012),mamamel89  (30-12-2012),nelle7250  (30-12-2012),pennylane  (11-03-2013),SassyMummy  (30-12-2012),twotrunks  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Please, do yourself a favour and stop sleeping with him. You are worth so much more!
    I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews

It took a lot to regain hubby's trust. I had to be completely transparent with him with everything.
    I think the circumstances surrounding why I did it, he understands and knows that it doesn't put our relationship at risk of me cheating on him. It doesn't make it ok, but he could see it from my POV.

As far as I'm aware, he has forgiven, and we have moved on. It very rarely gets spoken about or brought up. He trusts me now, and through everything we are as strong as ever.

He was the guy I cheated with, but he didn't know I was already partnered so I guess I also cheated on him too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I think it really depends on the circumstances of the cheating too. a partner who made a stupid mistake once and feels terrible about it is completely different to a partner who had an ongoing affair and is only really sorry they got caught...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This x10 kick him to the curb he doesnt deserve you and you deserve so much more than being the other girl.

Thanks
    Reviews

OP I think you will find a very common theme - whilst you MAY be able to eventually forgive (although very hard to do), you will NEVER ever forget. It's just not possible to forget the pain & betrayal.

I hope for your sake that you are strong enough to at least forgive and get back to a happy place, if thats what you really want.

For me it's just not possible, the trust can never go back to 100%, which I need for a successful relationship. It stays in the back of my mind

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

made2bAmummy  (27-02-2013),mummyrissa  (30-12-2012),twotrunks  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went for counselling which was a lifesaver for us. We had a brilliant counsellor who made us both see it from all angles. It has now been 2.5 years since DH cheated and we have definitely moved on and are stronger for it.

You both have to want it 110% and the cheater has to release that it will probably be one step forward and two back. It took us a long time to get where we are and I have never brought it up in anger. I don't think you ever forget, sometimes I just tell DH that I'm sad about what has happened, but staying together is possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How do you get over being cheated on?

My dh has cheated on me and we have moved past it. It happened 5yrs ago. Just once.
    I believe, for us, it has been total openness that has gotten us through. After I found it I needed to know every detail. He was very honest and gave me as much proof as possible. I have access to all phones, facebook, email etc passwords. I can look at bank statements and have itemised phone bills. I can call him at anytime and he always answers and is where he says.
    He has never blamed me for what happened and is more than happy to answer any questions I have. He is also very remorseful, which I know is genuine. I know how much he hurts because he hurt me.
    He is 100% supportive of me. He is loving and understanding.
    I trust him now. It has been a long, hard road and time has helped heal.
    I know that my dh is human and 1 mistake, although huge and hurtful, does not take away all the amazing things he has done.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoppyLoppy For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (30-12-2012)