+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: School shoes - cheepies or brand name?

We went with a black pair of clarkes sneakers with the velcro. They were good for about 2 terms then by the 3rd term, they were horrible so he finished out the school year in cheapies which he still wears.

I am going to buy a different brand this year but an expensive brand and buy 2 pairs(one his size and one the next size up) to see us through year 1.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Among others, the place I stock sells all black (and all white for those who need it) new balance Velcro sneakers. I've been seeking them for about 10 years and can only remember sending a handful back to the supplier (that includes the adult sizes as well).

They were the only shoes that my brothers were allows at school as they trashed everything.

They rrp for around $70-$80 for kids and are called the 623/624.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: School shoes - cheepies or brand name?

I swear by the full leather Newbalance joggers we get from Sportscene. Ds1 who is almost 15 absolutely destroys shoes at about two pairs per term (Nikes, Asics, Puma etc that cost upto $200) but those leather newbalance have lasted up to two terms which is incredible for him and they only cost $50/$60.
    My advice is, whatever you get, avoid that awful netting like the plague because it tears easily and erodes quickly from sweat, dirt, water etc.
    It's a shame I can't get the newbalances for ds1 anymore because if his huge feet but it was the only type if shoe we bought for our kids for years because they lasted.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default School shoes - cheepies or brand name?

My mum only bought my brother and I Rocs. They were the comfiest shoes for school with no complaints

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teenie View Post
    This year I bought DS a $70 pair of lynx sneakers. They lasted a semester - they actually fell apart. I was so grumpy about it! Next pair were $20 from big w. They lasted the rest of the year and are still ok so he'll be able to wear them next year (but who knows for how long). So in my limited experience the cheapies have won out.
    thats interesting - because we wear nothing but lynx in this house and we've never had a problem??

I go to williams or mathers when they have their sales - and get at least 30%-40% off .. often just before school starts they have buy one get one half price .. so I get myself shoes too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Hi guys, so my Son starts prep next year and we need to get black joggers with velcro... Id prefer to get a good brand, what do you recommend, is there much difference between the cheap ones and the "brand" names?
    Def a good brand, they last so much longer. I go Clark's or Grosby. I bought DD a cheap pair in her first year of school and they didn't even last a term. Her clarks lasted 2 years and structurally they were fine just scuffed.

For joggers I buy the kids Nike or Adidas as they last ages and again, the cheapies are ruined with a couple of months.
    Last edited by delirium; 31-12-2012 at 09:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpongebobMummyPants View Post
    I swear by the full leather Newbalance joggers we get from Sportscene. Ds1 who is almost 15 absolutely destroys shoes at about two pairs per term (Nikes, Asics, Puma etc that cost upto $200) but those leather newbalance have lasted up to two terms which is incredible for him and they only cost $50/$60.My advice is, whatever you get, avoid that awful netting like the plague because it tears easily and erodes quickly from sweat, dirt, water etc. It's a shame I can't get the newbalances for ds1 anymore because if his huge feet but it was the only type if shoe we bought for our kids for years because they lasted. Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    What size are his feet?? We have a couple of customers that we get size 22 new blanances in for them!!!