+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PS - sorry about all the typos. Just re-read my message and cringed at all my mistakes. Seems I have become terribly reliant on my spellcheck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying Macks,
    Oh golly I have lots of questions ha ha
    That is fantastic you are approved and had a smooth process it sounds like you are going to get the call anytime! How exciting! Have you set the bedroom up already or are you waiting until you get the call?
    We are doing infant adoption which is between 1 month and 12 months old. My husband and I are still relatively young (early thirties) so I would love a baby but maybe down the track we would look at an older child or sibling groups, but for now definitely baby.
    That is very good news re: your friend who was placed not long ago wow I cant imagine the excitement when you get the call. I remembver in the training crying my eyes out when they told the story of how it all happens the thought of it actually happening overwhelms me.
    Are you also in Vic? North or South?
    We are South East so our Agency is connections.
    I see you did ivf too, I know what you mean about this process being a breeze compared to ivf. When I look back at those 4 years that were wasted stuffing my body with medication and missing out on doing anything fun I think what a waste but then again if we didn't go through that we wouldn't be here now and I am very excited to be pursuing the adoption avenue.

We got our letter on the 21st of January to say all paperwork was in and we were waiting on a social worker so I am hoping that we get a call around the 21st of April which would be 3 mnths of waiting to say we have been allocated. I am nervous about the meetings... Have you read any good books you could recommend? I have read a couple already and have another one on the way in the mail but I may as well educate myself while I wait!
    Please keep me posted when you get the call and I have everything crossed that you get the call soon!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gusandmeg,

Please do feel free to shoot through any questions you like. I know it is such a comfort to hear other peoples stories.
    We are in Vic (south east). We ended up going through CatholicCare or CentaCare as they are called now. They have been lovely and made the whole process so far a really easy process. I have heard Connections are good too so I'm sure you are in good hands.
    It's normal to be uneasy about the interviews but honestly they really aren't too bad. Of course you have to talk about subjects or topics that may not be comfortable but they are really kind and caring about it. Just be honest. They are not there to trip you up but to get a full understanding of who you are and where you have come from. I found a big thing with the interviews was not to see the hardships you have been through (lets face it, everyone has had those) but how you handled it and your coping mechanisms.

I understand the desire to have a baby or younger child. I wish you all the best with that..It won't be long now I'm sure. To be honest we have put down for 7 and under but a small part of me is hoping that one of the siblings is younger. I'll be happy with any little poppet though!

I haven't read many books on the subject. There was a great book written about a lady by the name of Deborah Lee (wife of Bing Lee) who fostered something like 200 kids. Great read although pretty confronting and at times very sad. My friend gave me Kidwrangling by Kaz Cook. I have really enjoyed reading this book and I'm hoping it is still relevant for me despite our preferred age group of 7 years and under. The book is about babies, toddlers and pre schoolers. Woudl love to hear any book recommendations you may have.
    Hope you are placed with a case worker soon. Stay positive and please keep in touch.

cheers, Macks