+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adoption in Queensland

After failed ivf cycles my husband and I are considering adoption in order to be parents. Is there anyone that is going through the process that would like to talk? I am 26 and my husband is 31

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi,

My husband and I have just been approved for local adoption, permanent care and permanent care of siblings. The process so far has been pretty smooth and easy so far. Of course, we are yet to be placed with a child/children but compared to IVF, which we also did, it has been a breeze.

Please feel free to ask me any queries you may have.

Cheers, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews

It is refreshing to hear stories. Where are you at in the adoption process?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were approved a few weeks ago after going through all of the interviews and training and now we are waiting for the call for placement.

Cheers, Macks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Squeak,

We have also had an unsuccessful round of ivf. I don't think we are going to do it again and so we are looking at adoption too. Where abouts in QLD do you live? I am 33 & my husband 36 & we are originally from the UK.

Be good to talk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you all the very best of luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Adoption in Queensland

Quote Originally Posted by red79 View Post
    Hi Squeak,

We have also had an unsuccessful round of ivf. I don't think we are going to do it again and so we are looking at adoption too. Where abouts in QLD do you live? I am 33 & my husband 36 & we are originally from the UK.

Be good to talk
    Hi Red

We live on the southside of Brisbane. We have decided to try ivf one last time.

I made enquiries about adoption and was told it was under review. This was early January.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best of luck to you all ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Macks, Just seeing how you are going on your local adoption journey? We are in the process in Victoria, are you in Vic too? We are waiting for a social worker to assess us but have completed our full application so hopefully it happens soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gusandmeg,

We are goign well so far although still waiting for that glorious call to tell us we have been placed....

I have to say the whole process for us was pretty good and reasonably smooth.
    We made intital enquiries Nov 2011, went to the info session around March 2012, did Permanent care and adoption training around April/May 2012, placed with our social worker around August 2012 and approved by the board December 2012. Our case worker was really lovely and I have to say teh agency we are dealign with have been great.

A couple I know who were approved around June last year were placed just last month with a little 4 month old so I am hopeful knowing that placements are happening.

All the best with the interviews. Sounds like you have completed the life story which is always a big job! I have heard that the agency is meant to complete all interviews and home visits wihtin 3 months so hopefully once you have a case worker you will be approved soon enough.
    May I ask what age group you are hoping for?
    We have opted for siblings and for 7 years and under.

Lets hope all things good come our way soon

Please msg me if you have any questions along the way. Happy to anser them. I know I had heaps when I was going through it and it is tough to find others that are goign through the whole process