+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default This heat wave is killing me!

It's so hot... I'm 26 weeks and staying in a house with no aircon. It's 2am and still hasn't really cooled down. Wet towels and fans it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMagic View Post
    It's so hot... I'm 26 weeks and staying in a house with no aircon. It's 2am and still hasn't really cooled down. Wet towels and fans it is
    Oh no baby magic a fan helps a tiny bit have you got one?

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

30 degrees at 7:30am :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yep.. 30 weeks pregnant and our aircon broke 3 weeks ago
    it was FINALLY fixed yesterday and we now have a lovely cool house.
    it was horrible - DH went to harvey norman to buy 2 refrigerated air conditioners (portable ones) so that we could host christmas - and so we could sleep!!!!!
    DS has been suffering too - 2 years old, hates the heat!
    We are now all sick though! stupid summer cold.
    pregnant + perth + summer = not nice!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Glad it got fixed for you. The heat zaps all my energy and find I can't function properly.
    We have ducted R/C refrigerated air con but it was put into the house after it was built and we have a huge kitchen, dining and lounge with only one vent. For next summer I'm going to see if I can fit a wall unit into that room somewhere to help take the load off the ducted.
    If I remember correctly last summer there was only the one week of over 40 degrees and the rest of summer was hot but bearable.
    So fingers crossed that it has come early this year so we can enjoy the rest of summer in our beautiful state.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    Glad it got fixed for you. The heat zaps all my energy and find I can't function properly.
    We have ducted R/C refrigerated air con but it was put into the house after it was built and we have a huge kitchen, dining and lounge with only one vent. For next summer I'm going to see if I can fit a wall unit into that room somewhere to help take the load off the ducted.
    If I remember correctly last summer there was only the one week of over 40 degrees and the rest of summer was hot but bearable.
    So fingers crossed that it has come early this year so we can enjoy the rest of summer in our beautiful state.
    That's what I thought I honestly don't remember it being like this for to long. This is crazy !!! I actually don't remember feeing the heat like this though does it change after having babies because since then I'm just so hot haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    30 degrees at 7:30am :/
    Yea bad idea taking the dogs for a walk at 7:30 I thought I'd beat the heat .. Ummm no that didn't happen!

Thanks
    Reviews

I wonder if I won lotto last night then I can buy a house with a pool

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    We have ducted R/C refrigerated air con but it was put into the house after it was built and we have a huge kitchen, dining and lounge with only one vent. .
    You might be able to just have another vent added. We have ducted air and found that one vent wasn't enough for our main bedroom and were able to have another vent put in

I hope it all cools down over there in the west for you all

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    I wonder if I won lotto last night then I can buy a house with a pool
    Get one of the $60 Kmart ones. We bought the larger $90 Kmart one last year and it was the bets money we ever spent. DS lived in it. We have the smaller $60 one this year...havent used it yet but its set up and waiting patiently.