+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Sorta spin-off from cleaning thread. What do you let slide...?

...around the house and in your life? We're all time poor so must be letting things slide that we wish we could do. So what is it for you?

Me, the garden suffers, my personal maintenance/fitness. Mirrors, windows & cupboards don't get cleaned all that often, the bare minimum. I often miss acknowledging birthdays etc cos it just slips past me. I rarely watch the news and haven't a hope if keeping up with current trends in music/celebrities etc.

What do you let slide?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Lately everything

Normally the washing and meeting up with friends

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't watch the news either and have no idea on celebrity gossip either!

My personal fitness is probably one that I have let go over the years and four kids later. I cook, garden, housekeep and parent like a woman possessed but in the last year or two I have probably let me "slide" if that makes sense.
    Eep

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gardens. I refuse to do outside maintenance. Thankfully with this house the back yard is completely paved and we have a mower man/gardener who comes fortnightly to take care of the front garden and lawn. I dont want to know about it.

Walls. I dont clean the walls as often as I would like. Lots of hand prints and smudges that sh!t me but I just dont cant be bothered.

Exercise. Meh. Pleh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Sorta spin-off from cleaning thread. What do you let slide...?

Folding the washing. I didn't fold washing for the first 14 weeks of this pregnancy because I was so sick lol.

Personal life - catching up with friends and doing things for myself are what I let slide.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    Last edited by peanutmonkey; 29-12-2012 at 22:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Sorta spin-off from cleaning thread. What do you let slide...?

Walls, mirrors and windows suffer massively. Oh and ironing/putting clothes away.

Personal life? I guess I can be a lazy friend, especially since being pregnant. Travelling two hours to see friends is just not high on my priority list on weekends. I never get my eyebrows done or anything, its been 10 months since I had a haircut and nearly 3 years since I coloured my hair. On the other hand I spend 3 hours a week braiding dh's fro.. go figure lol

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Going out mostly (I mean sure I'm uncomfortable around people but it's nice sometimes to just be taken to a movie or coffee you know.)
    Also at certain times I let everything but food and bills slide (when my math fails me )
    And as for cleaning I'm pretty lenient as long as things don't get super filthy. I'm very picky with cups/mugs/cutlery/plates/bowls so they and their cupboards get cleaned quite often, but other than that I usually let the cleaning slide and do it whenever it starts to bug me (and from what I can tell with my close friends, what bugs me isn't apparently that dirty :/ haha oh well).
    My fitness.. well I'm amazingly fit in winter but once it's hot outside I slack off heaps. I hate it but ehhh too hottttt *melts*

Oh and a couple add ons after reading more replies:
    Yep I have no idea on celebrities. I watch a small amount of news sometimes and watch the project so I guess that's a bit.
    Garden? Lol well Im lucky enough to not have to worry about that and if I wasn't I'd get someone to come mow it and then hope the bushes and trees know how to maintain themselves
    Folding the washing? Lol I could post a picture of the clean washing right now and I know a lot of people would be appalled. I get around to folding it sometimes but ehhh it all just ends up back as it is now (overflowing in a basket as dp throws them around looking for his clean clothes mixed in with mine in that basket lol)
    Last edited by αληθη; 29-12-2012 at 23:02.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Shaving my legs

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    I am trying to work on my looks, since becoming a single mum I figure no one will want to date a fat feral person with their hair half done lol
    Or is it 'natural beauty'? Apparently when I don't go to the effort to look like I want me to, I get all the guys. It kind of sucks cause my 'natural' look gets the metal heads and well... I'm not into that But I bet you, you could get a man without the effort. ^__^

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bunkx View Post
    Shaving my legs
    Oooh that reminds me >__>