+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Periods after BCP

hey

been off BCP for three months have had breakthru and three real periods(one heavier shorter ,one lighter shorter and now another lighter and shorter.

my question is at my age of 38 should i be concerned that they are so short and light and will they ever return to normal after being on BCP so long...

Apparently i ovulated as did an OPK and ha d the two test lines at day 12 of cycle.but of course not pregnant

is having light periods an issue when trying to conceive ? is the lining so thin?
    is having a lighter period a sign you aren't ovulating at all???

I had my fsh tested and they said I'm not near menopause...

how long could it take to normalise? is this a real problem?
    anybody I would appreciate some advice...

is there real imbalance somewhere?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Periods after BCP

My periods were lighter when I stopped BCP. I had a 28 days cycle before going on the pill, and anywhere from 22-27 days after the pill. After 7 months, my period had got a little heavier, but still lighter than I was used to. After 7 months off the pill, I got my BFP.

I highly recommend temping. It really helped me to figure out my cycle and pinpoint when I O'd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    My periods were lighter when I stopped BCP. I had a 28 days cycle before going on the pill, and anywhere from 22-27 days after the pill. After 7 months, my period had got a little heavier, but still lighter than I was used to. After 7 months off the pill, I got my BFP.

I highly recommend temping. It really helped me to figure out my cycle and pinpoint when I O'd.

thanks..I am going to try the temps this cycle .i do find it hard but need to make a more concerted effort...

I guess it will take some time for them to return properly

thanks for responding...