+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

I don't 😔 a 10 week old and a DP who works 5 days a week and 3-4 nights a week means cooking, dishes, cleaning, laundry and looking after DS is all up to me. I don't think I ever stop, my job is definitely 24/7!

Thanks
    Reviews

That's life I guess!

I work 3 days a week, DH works 6 days, we have 19 month old DD & I'm pregnant (and very tired) So, I do my best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have a cleaner who comes once a fortnight and the rest of the time I just do the necessities.. As long as we have clean clothes and clean dishes I think we're doing ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just do the best I can. I keep on top of the basics (most of the time) like washing dishes, laundry, emptying the bin etc and the rest gets done when I find the time/energy. Usually my house looks pretty good in the morning, when I have the most motivation to clean, and looks really bad by the afternoon when I've given up.
    I go through stages, sometimes I do quite well with maintaining a decent looking house and other times (like now, being heavily pregnant in summer with two kids already) I struggle and let more things slide.
    I find having a clean kitchen makes the rest of the house feel cleaner so if I can only do one thing I focus on the kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies, it's so good to know that I am not the only one! DH and I both work from home and DS is turning 2 in march and DD is newborn! Like a pp said by the time I finish cleaning the second room the first room is messy again! DS is a messy eater with dirty hands and wiping on everything and the kitchen is always messy and always fishes to wash and to put away. Everytime DH drinks or DS drinks they take out new cups rather than use the one they have been using! Then there's the washing! Always things to wash and the toilet is always messy and wet and toys just everywhere! Sometimes I feel what's the point of cleaning when it's going to get messy again! No point picking up toys at night he will just take them all out again in the morning!
    But seriously I am always cleaning, working, when I have a bit of time I need to spend it with DS, play with him, dance with him, and in between everything I need to breastfeed newborn DD and settle her and put her to sleep and I need to cook. And of cause all the other stuff, the bathing both babies, changing nappies, settling them.
    By the time they are both I'm bed (8pmish) I am usually exhausted! But I still need to work and clean!
    My full time job is a wife, mother, cleaner and a cook!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and I forgot to add on my post. The best thing I bought recently is one of those hand held vacuums. It's the best thing ever. After DS1 finishes any meal, I will use it on the floor and high chair pretty much where ever his trail of crumbs is lol. It's easier than getting out the big vacuum.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

I just do what I can when I can really.I vacuum once a week at most, sweep or swiffer in between. Bathrooms get cleaned roughly weekly and get a quick wipe in between if needed. Dishes get done twice a day, the bulk of them after dh gets home so he can help. If I'm on top of my game i have most of the dinner stuff cleaned up before we eat though that doesn't happen every day lol. I'm usually in the kitchen from 4-8pm, cooking, washing & cleaning, its the busiest time of day. I tidy up the bedrooms & living area while DH baths the kids, I run around with a washing basket under my arm putting stuff back in its place. If I'm tired I just chuck everything in the basket & leave it, this used to happen a lot when the kids were little, less often now, but at least the place felt clean. The bins get emptied nightly and the kitchen benches wiped down, floor swept. I try to do a bit of washing every day. I have a big upright indoor clothes horse that always has clothes drying, its good cos it holds loads and I can just leave them there for a couple of days, not have to watch the weather.

I think while you have Littlies just do what you can, get a cleaner once a fortnight if you have to. I don't stress about an extra cup, sure there is more bulk but its the same amount of work, you are still washing two cups I can imagine how stressful it is, sounds like you have a lot on your plate, it does get easier tho, you're at the most intense time now, deep breaths *hugs*

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

tubster  (31-12-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

Oh and with the toys, I invested in some sturdy plastic boxes. Divided all the toys between them and stacked them in the corner. I leave two open at a time & rotate them. Its amazing how much less I have to tidy every evening and the kids haven't missed anything yet. When they had access to everything they played with the lot aargh!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

tubster  (31-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    You sound like you could use some help Hun. The cook shouldn't clean lol
    Couldn't agree more my dear x

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha in regards to the ensuite I seem to be the opposite of everyone else! We only use the ensuite and it's always messy. But this way our bathroom is spotless all the time and makes you feel good when unexpected visitors pop in hehehehe!

But yes I am the same as everyone else... Always cleaning. I feel like I get taken away from my son, and that I need to spend more time with him, but when I do the house goes to shambles!