+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Off and off all day by the time I'm at the end the first room I cleaned is messy again so it's groundhog day. I don't understand the people that say they clean an hour a day. Just the washing and kitchen take me that long lol then my wood floors need vac'ing every day. The bathroom needs wiping over every day. General straightening up and putting away. Folding clothes. The kids bedrooms....I also get anxious with mess

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It never ends. I have to accept that my house will always have some mess around because if I wanted the house to be as clean as I'd like it I'd just be cleaning constantly.
    I like cleanliness. I much prefer it. But I also like my sanity *chuckle*.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

delirium  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

Thank goodness for this thread. I am about to do my 'nana. It's good to know that there's others out there that feel like they're constantly cleaning!
    I have really bad allergies to dust etc so I'm slightly OCD. I work full time so it's non stop when I get home. I try and do a quick tidy up at the end of the day and of a morning so I'm not walking into a messy house when I get home.
    We have 8 yo SS staying with us at the moment and he is the messiest child I have ever met. DS 1 is constantly pulling books off the bookshelf and DVDs out of the DVD shelf. I'm slowly teaching him to put things away.
    In the last week, I have vacuumed and mopped every single day, in addition to dusting and cleaning the toilet.. Messy messy boys. I cook all the meals and don't have a dishwasher so I do the dishes while I'm cooking.im having to let my OCD standards slip a bit because otherwise I would just never get a break. I refuse to do SSs washing at the moment as I washed, dried and folded them all, put them in his room etc for him and found them all crumpled on the floor. Not impressed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, I should mention, that's not all I do every day! Plus the usual washing, tidying, making beds, etc. I maybe get half an hour to sit down every day before the kids go to bed.
    And to think that we want to buy a bigger house?!?!?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Lover View Post
    Oh, I should mention, that's not all I do every day! Plus the usual washing, tidying, making beds, etc. I maybe get half an hour to sit down every day before the kids go to bed.
    And to think that we want to buy a bigger house?!?!?
    You sound like you could use some help Hun. The cook shouldn't clean lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (31-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    It's just constant.

Constant constant constant.

That being said, the house is very rarely 'dirty'. It might get a little messy or untidy, but it's generally pretty clean.

We're about to move house and for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I WILL HAVE AN EN-SUITE!! I have banned all the boys from using it. Including DH! Sooooo looking forward to that.
    Lol we have am ensuite and I am the only one using it and it's always kept clean. Our other bathroom is just hectic. I need to clean it everyday to keep it presentable! DH just dumps his clothes all over the place! Floors always wet even though there's a mat and I just can't figure out why the toilet set could get dirty! And the toys in the bath tub! And toothpaste all over the mirror urrgghhh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I want an ensuite

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

Whiteboard ticklist- four sessions each day (usually after meals) Everyone gets involved! This actually keeps the house spotless and washing down to one load a day (2 if its sheets day etc)

However during school holidays when I'm alone with 3 restless kids I embrace the chaos!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning; after the usual bath and feed the kids I sweep. vacuum and make beds, quickly clean the kids' bathroom, put one load of washing Then DS and off to daycare, usually DH takes him there.

Afternoon: Around 11 I start dinner while preparing lunch, I spend 2 hours doing this at this time I put TV for DD. Then feed her lunch tidy up toy, put the washing out, prepare DD napping.

Late afternoon: While DD napping, I fold undies, iron clothes, sweep and mop.

Night: i give the kids to their father, bath, reading etc. While I do dishes, sweep and tidy up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have three four and under and I'm constantly cleaning and I mean non stop. I should just stop but if I stop I will be living in a house that looks like it should be on 'hoarders' ha ha!

I realised recently when I was getting stressed that its not the kids themselves that make me flustered its the cleaning , if I had a cleaner 3 days a week I would probably be almost stress free. I hate it . I also have a son who has autism and he just won't do what you ask him at all and he is the messy one .... Stuff everywhere and not only that he eats and wipes his hands in walls and couches ..... Ha ha ha ! I have had to just learn to deal with mess! But yep! Your so not alone cleaning 24/7 here.