+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Another maybe OCD freak here, I take alot of pride in keeping a well presented house, no matter how many times my mother or mother in law try to convince me it's a waste of time I can't snap out of it, I have to try my best to keep it clean and tidy.
    I have 3 children and it can get very busy trying to find time to clean, I'm like the others who mentioned about the main cleaning day per week, I do that, i'll have 1 day per week where I clean all the bathrooms, toilets, floors, dusting, i'm forever doing washing and with adding another bub to the family that is just going to get worse so i've just accept that my basket is usually somewhat full lol. I don't iron except for hubby/sons formal shirts, i iron all the girls dresses but usual day wear I don't bother, i'd never get the time to do it all and keep ontop of it otherwise.
    I always get in trouble after having a bub, I come home from hospital (c-secs) and can't help myself but try and tidy up a little bit lol.
    Welcome to motherhood

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

Gosh I don't even have kids yet and I struggle lol that being said I work full time and am out of the house usually 7am to 7pm.
    I try to get dh to help out with cleaning through the week ie I put a load of washing on in the morning and get him to hang it when he gets home from work, he will usually vacuum or mop mid week so mt weekend cleans aren't too bad! I do all the fiddly stuff dusting, toilet, bathroom etc

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Its endless. meals & dishes, washing, floors & bathrooms. Mirrors, windows, dusting, toys. Car, driveway & lawns. School bags, lunches, pick ups & drop offs. Wipe down kitchen, make beds, tidy wardrobes. Shopping, junk mail, bills. Cobwebs, skirting boards, window sills. Occasions like visitors, birthdays, playdates, holidays. Its just never done aargh!

Eta I don't do all of that every week but I do a lot of it and I seriously do not know how working parents keep on top of stuff. I take my hat off to you honestly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

I invite people over- that helps with motivation!
    DH does floors, I stack the dishwasher during the day as we use dishes, then put it on at night. I load up the washing machine at night, start it first thing in the morning and then unload the dishwasher.
    I make sure the kitchen and table is clean before I go to bed.
    Bathrooms get done when needed.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sub Rosa For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-12-2012),MissSookyLaLa  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do a big clean once a week but I also make sure that every night everyone has there little jobs to do before dinner. I have 4 kids under 7 so the 3 oldest no what they have to do and they don't mind they are very into their routine so they rarely argue and even though I have to go over thing it really does make cleaning up a bit easier. My husband also hangs the washing out and helps cook and watches the kids when he is home, he usually only works three days in a row so he can help put quite a bit which I need at the moment with a new born and school holidays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

I have set days for doing things like bathrooms, mopping etc and then I do a little each morning and afternoon... I find if you tidy as you go it isn't as hard to keep up with it all

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I do a bit every day, with a big clean once a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

At the moment my house always seems in need to cleaning and I'm usually quite anal about it but with 4 week old DD and 1 year and 8 year old boys I've given up.

I try do the bathrooms and toilets once a week :/ and the floors but I have to vacuum the kitchen dine and living area every day for crumbs etc doesn't matter how cleanly I fed DS his breaky that day he will always leave a trail behind! even DH gets stuff everywhere!

I started to accept that cleaning the toys up every day and all day is pointless, and will only do it every second- third day.... So it always looks messy here these days.

I struggle to keep on top of everything at the moment and just figure it will get easier once DD is older and we move in to a single story house!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's just constant.

Constant constant constant.

That being said, the house is very rarely 'dirty'. It might get a little messy or untidy, but it's generally pretty clean.

We're about to move house and for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I WILL HAVE AN EN-SUITE!! I have banned all the boys from using it. Including DH! Sooooo looking forward to that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

tubster  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not a natural cleaner, but I get flylady to help.