+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

How often do you clean your house and when do you do it?
    I find myself cleaning all the time in order to keep the house presentable!
    I usually do a semi big clean up on a weekly basis where I scrub the toilet and shower, mirrors and windows, clean the floor and etc. But I am forever washing dishes, washing clothes, hanging them out, folding away the clean ones, cleaning bits and pcs of biscuits off the floor, putting away toys and etc urrrgggg. And it's not easy with a toddler and a newborn around.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

Pretty much the same as you. I have 2 kids under 2 years old. I do a big clean once a week like dusting,mopping etc. Each day I try and wipe over the bathroom bench and mirror so it never gets feral. But unfortunately like you Im forever washing/folding clothes,doing dishes and picking up toys all the time lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

I clean all the time.

I wish I didn't but I can't stand it otherwise. Mess and clutter makes me anxious. Day starts at 5am and ends at 10pm. And I still can't stay on top of everything.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont mean to alarm you..........

BUT I do pretty much the same as you and I only have one child.....who is 8 Look forward to many more years of constant cleaning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    roboking!

but other than that i just embrace the chaos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

In the morning I spend around an hour doing everything that needs doing - vacuum, make beds, do dishes, wipe down bathroom, put washing on, etc. If you come to my house at around 9am it looks pretty shmick.

Then as the day goes on I do smaller maintenance things like hanging out and folding the washing, doing the dishes as they pop up, putting away toys, etc, but it doesn't really take up much time and DS "helps". I do them as I get the opportunity. I think I have plenty of quality time with DS throughout the day, and don't feel like I spend the entire day cleaning.

I used to do mopping, cleaning bathroom, changing sheets, etc while DS napped but being 38 weeks pregnant and DS not napping everyday I now do those things on the weekend when I have more rest time.

Of an evening, I again do a pretty good tidy up, but by 7am it all needs doing again for some odd reason.

DH does no housework except occasionally the dishes or hang out washing if I ask nicely.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I clean, then I get the kids ready to go out, then tidy, then get the hell out of the house. Keeps the place nice and clean and tidy no seriously we're out a lot, so I do one tidy when we leave, one when DS goes down for his nap, then one more once he's gone to bed. It only takes 15-30 minutes a day.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

FindMyLunch  (30-12-2012),MissSookyLaLa  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: How do you keep your house clean without cleaning all the time?

I clean as we're going. DS likes to help me spray the table and he also likes to sweep and vacuum which helps.

I try to get him to put away his toys when he wants to play with something else. Otherwise we do a clean and put them away together before his nap and before bedtime.

I find it easier to keep it clean if I don't let it get too bad. Otherwise I get overwhelmed.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep - cleaning all day here too! I do the big stuff is dinner prep/ washing and hanging out every morning. Then do one "job" ie bathroom clean per day. During the day when both girls are napping I sweep/mop the floors and do a tidy up.

Whilst DH bathes the girls I once again do a big tidy up and sweep/vacuum the floors. Then DH puts dd1 to bed whilst I boob dd2 to sleep. Then he mops whilst I fold and put away the days laundry and set the machine up for the next days laundry load ESP if they are nappies that need a soak wash.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it's just part of the deal with having kids! I only have 1 and she's almost 17mo. To try to contain the everyday stuff I do things like:

-give her meals outside when the weather is nice. She loves it outside, it avoids getting food all over the floors, and then I can hose down the highchair and water the veggie garden at the same time! It's like a housework BOGOF!
    -wash DDs dishes once a day. I collect them in one of the sinks and do it all at once after her dinner.
    -make tidying the toys part of play time
    -batch cook. Saves heaps of time and reduces daily dishes.
    -I have a small washing machine so do frequent small loads. It's easier to keep on top of it that way. I refuse to iron unless it's absolutely necessary.

I also have a fairly small house, work part time (so we're not home all day everyday to trash the place!) and a fortnightly cleaner to do a thorough clean.