+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Girls bedroom furniture -pics!

Our 2 yr old dd is still in her cot but will be looking at getting her a bed shortly.

Currently she has dark wood furniture and a white table and chair setting.

uploadfromtaptalk1356778561445.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1356778630094.jpg

Not sure if we should buy a white or dark wood bed and if we buy white would prob get a white tallboy but keep the dark wood wardrobe as its so nice and is kind of hidden behind the door anyway.

So did you choose dark or white furniture and why? or do u think a mix can look nice? Share Pics please!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Girls bedroom furniture -pics!

Thank you. I agree about the scratches being noticable. Interested to see what peoples preferances are. I like the look of the white as its nice and bright but then all our furniture is dark atm.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DS (3 of them) share a room, furniture is all dark wood. DD has her own room with white timber. I like both, the white is fresh and looks great with the colours in her room and my boys dark timber looks nice in theirs

Thanks
    Reviews

I picked white for my girls but only because everything is white in our house.. I actually painted the draws myself and have a tall boy exactly the same colours. If you wanted you could pant the wardrobe if you wanted white?
    I got the bunks off eBay for a great price and the elder two girls have their rooms with the same draws also.

Thanks
    Reviews

Looks great babyg4. The bottom pic is bunk beds? Its not overly clear but they look really neat!

I do like the bright girlie colours against the dark wood. Seems everyone is doing their girls rooms in white. All my friends have. Maybe i could be different!

Oh ive never painted furniture, wouldnt know where to begin and im not really keen to do it either! If only dh was good at that stuff. Hes not much of a handyman

Thanks
    Reviews

I think most ppl do girls rooms in white but it can be a bugger to keep clean if you have a cheeky monkey that gets their hands on pens eekkk lol..
    If I had a boy I would love to do
    Baby blue and white for his room but I also love the dark wooden and blue theme for boys.

I am not crafty at all but was determined to not spend a fortune on draws and I'm glad I didn't. They were so easy to do.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was thinking i could paint her dark brown bookcase (pictured) white. Its just a cheap $60 ikea one. Can i just paint straight over it? What kind of paint do u use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i prefer dark timber , we have it throughout the house except for my sons room . i wanted darker timber for him but at the time the only bed i found that i liked was a lighter pine colour , then after that i got him bedsides and tall boy that matched ...and since then have upgraded him from a single to double . when we got the new bed we wnt with gettign a matching colour to the tallboy and bedsides so as to save money and not buy a WHOLE new set .

i dont like the mix of dark and light in the same room or timber/white mix .

DD's room is dark timber cot/changetable/tallboy /bedside then a single bed in a dark timber/wrought iron

we have not been in this house long yet and there rooms are still a bit bare/unfinnished so i dont have pics i can share yet ..i will try and remember to come back with some in a day or so

Thanks
    Reviews

White wood. It just looks really good with the greyish walls that is in their bedrooms.
    Last edited by tannedangel; 30-12-2012 at 10:23.

Thanks
    Reviews

We have just painted a second hand cot that was white a nice dark brown, you just have to give it a bit of a sanding first to get the gloss from the paint or the stain off and get a good paint to use and you should be fine! But thats just coming from my experience!