+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Moss in dog bowl?

Just wondering if there's a way to keep the moss off the dogs drinking bowl (I think that's what it is, just a light green coating on the inside of the bowl). He just has 2 buckets and they seem to accumulate it every day, if this is just normal I'll just have to keep refilling them every day but if there's something I can do to prevent this it'd be a great help!
    Also does anyone know how to keep dogs off a certain garden? He can utilize the whole backyard which is fine but there's one patch that I've made into a nice garden and he has just started digging and ruining it and I'd rather he didn't!
    Any advice would be appreciated!!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Keep the sun off the bowls.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Are the buckets in sunlight? Generally they need sunlight to grow so it must be in a fair bit of direct sunlight to be growing every day

As for the garden, people say to bury their poo or spray citronella on the garden.....these kind of work but my dog was stubborn and it didnt last long. We put up a small barrier fence just to make sure they dont go in there. Some star pickets with low chook wire will do.

Thanks
    Reviews

I know one of them does but I don't think the other one does and they both seem to get the same amount of moss so not really sure!

Ah okay I might try the citronella and see what happens and if all else fails I'll put the fence up! Do you have to leave it up or did your dog learn to stay away from it?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganMum View Post
    I know one of them does but I don't think the other one does and they both seem to get the same amount of moss so not really sure!

Ah okay I might try the citronella and see what happens and if all else fails I'll put the fence up! Do you have to leave it up or did your dog learn to stay away from it?
    What sort of dog do you have?
    We had to leave the fence up but it was a rental and we didnt want to risk taking it down just to have the newly replaced plants dug up AGAIN before we left....but I do know some dogs will learn to stay away. We also sprayed the fence with citronella too for good measure. Just make sure you respray after it gets wet cos it just washes away.

Ive also heard putting chilli flakes on the garden stops them digging but never tried it.

Thanks
    Reviews

He's a lab and he isn't really trained well, he knows basic commands but not sure if he knows to stay away from certain things! I haven't actually caught him in the garden so haven't been able to tell him "no".
    The fence might be a good idea as we are just renting too and I just can't deal with cleaning it up everyday!!