+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default factors of long term relationships as apposed to 2 yr relationships ur thoughts pls

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think the honeymoon period depends on age.

My now husband and I were both 29 when we met. We instantly connected like we'd never connected with previous partners. I knew he was the one after we went on our first date, and here we are with 3 kids and a house.
    Just wanted to add that we've also survived a renovation. I've heard if we survived that, we can survive anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default factors of long term relationships as apposed to 2 yr relationships ur thoughts pls

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I made a rule that I get sex daily prefer 2 times a day (i know silly but a sexless relationship is pointless to me unless there are factors beyond control I like sex and its important to me)

Once maybe twice per day?? ! You go girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I think the failed relationships are those like my grandparent's - quite obviously dislike each other and make each other miserable, stress the kids out with their bickering and unhappiness but stay for the sake of staying. What a crappy, pointless life.
    That's my parents. Always a joy to visit with them. Not.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think maybe people expect too much from their other half these days.
    They expect their husband or wife or partner to fulfil all of their needs; when in reality that's why we have friends and family and coworkers. No one person can be everything you need. It's too much.

I also think that too many people expect things to be great all the time and they keep thinking their is someone 'perfect' for them out there. No one is perfect or is going to match you in every way. I think that negotiation and settling sometimes is part of a relationship.

That said, my parents should have divorced years earlier, my dad was an abusive heavy drinker. And I think that there are times that divorce or separation is the only answer.

We are not married yet, not something that is overly important to us, but have been together over 6 years now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it's hard to know what you want/don't want until you've experienced enough to have figured it out at least a little.

You might know that certain things would make you feel stabby... until you're dealing with it regularly. Or you might not realise just how important certain things are for you to have in a relationship until you're not getting those things. You might be okay to not have them/suffer through them for a couple of years... but eventually, you're going to realise that you need/hate those things, and make the necessary changes.

I don't think ending a relationship after 2 years is a bad thing. I think it's a better thing than wasting 20 years with someone you knew wasn't right for you after 2 years in, but didn't leave the relationship then. I think my parents would have been a lot happier if they had acknowledged this early on, rather than waiting until they'd been together over 20 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Once maybe twice per day?? ! You go girl!
    lol yup wasnt going to go through another relationship like my last with not enough sex, or hearing the excuses all the time of her head hurt, she was tired, blah blah blah so I made sure that my now husband knew exactly what to expect and sex isnt a reward if I am a good girl lol

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I think it's hard to know what you want/don't want until you've experienced enough to have figured it out at least a little.

You might know that certain things would make you feel stabby... until you're dealing with it regularly. Or you might not realise just how important certain things are for you to have in a relationship until you're not getting those things. You might be okay to not have them/suffer through them for a couple of years... but eventually, you're going to realise that you need/hate those things, and make the necessary changes.

I don't think ending a relationship after 2 years is a bad thing. I think it's a better thing than wasting 20 years with someone you knew wasn't right for you after 2 years in, but didn't leave the relationship then. I think my parents would have been a lot happier if they had acknowledged this early on, rather than waiting until they'd been together over 20 years.
    Your right you do learn a lot as time goes on.

Also I agree that you shoudlnt stay in a relationship if its miserable for you that not fair on you but I have seen people get married then get bored and leave instead of figuring out ways not to be bored

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    This is what my ex's Aunty said to me,
    Sometimes people are just not cut out to be family people.
    I have a friend that says humans are not meant to be with one person their wholes lives and thinks that we are designed to be with multiple partners in our life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Barnaby  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think everyone is different
    I had 'dated' 2 people before my dss dad but neither did anything other than hold hands (one at 15 and one at 18) Dss dad was my first serious partner, we were both virgins and I imagined I would spend my whole life with him,

Clearly he had other plans lol
    sounds like your better off anyway, and the whole anal thing he is going to find out real quick that not a lot of people are into that, he seems to think that you are odd for not being into it but he will see. If he is inexperienced he prob doesnt know this yet just sad he had to destroy a family to find this out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm happy, he's happy and our son is happy, winning all round lol.

He has said no he won't tell a future girl friend early on that this is an interest of his which makes me sad, honesty would mean it wouldn't be a time wasting thing.
    Sigh well then he is in for a shock, I mean I would want to know if anal sex was a deal breaker for a potential partner. Well at least your happy and your son is happy.