+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spin off on receiving cards

Merry Christmas to all! I know its late but was wondering if I am the only person that find it annoying... This year I have received allot of xmas card like a postcard with picture of there kids saying merry xmas from xxx. But not even to dear xxx, I find there is no effort to it just a print off, of a bulk lot and sent to everyone. Yes I love how they use the kids on the card and yes I do that as well but I address the card to the people I am sending it to, to making the effort to write people names on it. 10 years ago it was nothing like this with picture cards, and know its technology today but I is today world becoming just a print only on one can write anymore?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't mind but I hate cards in general I throw them in the recycling straight away such a waist of tree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the effort of taking a picture, dragging kids down to the shops to get them printed, writing all the envelopes out, dragging the kids out to post them is more than not sending anything at all.

I haven't sent or received christmas cards for years, so I would be extremely happy if someone sent one like that to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always address and sign cards personally. We haven't managed to find time to do them the past two years, but its a nice way to keep in touch with people you don't see often but still think of. I'd prefer to do ecards from an environmental point of view but some family/friends prefer paper.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Id probably be happy that someone thought I was important enough in their life to send me a family Christmas card. The good ol family Christmas card seems to be a very old school thing now so Id find it cute and feel special.
    But thats just me.

I know when I made DS birthday invitations I got them made up online and bought bulk and didnt personalise any of them....just wrote the names on the envelopes to hand out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We did the cards with the photos and didn't personalize. It took a hell of a lot of time to do the photo shoot, design the card, and order them.

If one of my friends/family felt the way you did I'd be really disappointed. The cards cost a good amount of money and alot of time to make, a lot of effort for somebody to complain about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

I sent out a card this year with a photo of DS on it. But I made sure to write a personal message on the back of each.

I love getting cards with photos on them...I think it's lovely! Doesn't even bother me if there is not a personal message on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Despite not being personally addressed, I think they should be given credit for sending something to wish you a Merry Christmas.

There was still thought and effort put into the gesture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's lovely they put in the effort to send it. I mean, DP and I got three christmas cards this year- and two of them were from me to him! The third is from his mother.

But if I were doing it, I would scribble a quick personal note- even if I just say "Dear Sarah and Mel, I hope you have a safe Christmas and stay safe in the new year. Love Missbean and family."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I love receiving cards regardless of personal msg or not ( but do love the personal ones too) it means the person has regardless put effort in to send one