+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is your baby a bad sleeper? I'd love to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Moosemousse!! I've not been on here for aaaaages. But my DD still doesn't sleep fabulously. I've sort of just accepted it now. We went to sleep school & I felt horrendous - it was totally against my parenting style - so we didn't follow the methods. TBH I thought we were going to educate me, not traumatise little lady!! Anyhoo. Now I tend to stay with her for the first cycle & help her move smoothly into cycle 2 - just my being near her keeps her asleep, she feels safe. We've sidecarred her cot so through the night she just feeds when she likes & I get a bit more sleep. And its beautiful for those early morning kisses she wakes her daddy with - so cute!!! I know eventually she won't need me so much so I try to relax & go with it. Hope you're managing to be a little calmer these days too.
    Welcome back Bec - was wondering where you were!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

becandabub  (19-02-2013)

Default Is your baby a bad sleeper? I'd love to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    I find even reading things about "bad" sleepers hard because these nights of waking 2-3 times sounds absolutely AMAZING to me and so far from where my baby's at. Most of the "bad" sleepers I read about sound fantastic compared to mine.
    That's so funny, some woman in my mum's group came really upset one day after their "hard" night of baby waking up 3 times during the night.

I wanted to punch her face in.

Come to think of it, the other day someone asked if DS was a good sleeper, I said "yeah he's doing really well, he sleeps through now, only gets up 2-3 times a night", lol, apparently that's not classified as "sleeping through".

OP one thing I have realised is babies do things when they're ready to.

DS had to be held to sleep for the first 3 months (if I wanted him to sleep longer than 20 minutes), then, one day I put him in his cot and he slept for 3 hours!

He still wouldn't sleep on his own at night, then again, one night, he just did! I had tried a million times before, I didn't do anything different this time, it just worked.

After loads of stressing about his sleeping (a good night was awake every 3 hrs, bad night awake every hour), the most valuable lesson I have learnt is that when they're ready, they seem to work it out.

DS is 6.5mo and has 2 x 2 hour naps, and is only up 2-3 times at night now. Don't get me wrong, we still have catnap days where he won't sleep longer than 30 minutes (yesterday), but I don't stress because I know it won't always be like that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OneWithUnagi For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (09-02-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Is your baby a bad sleeper? I'd love to hear from you.

I echo this. I also learnt they do it when they're ready and it's just their personality. My son didn't sleep through the night consistently until he was well past 1 yr old and now is turned 2 and can still sometimes wake. He needed holding to sleep for the first few months.

Hang in there, it does get better!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub