+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default What age did you take your child out of a car seat?

DS is 8 and weighs 25.3kgs..so not far off the 26kg limit of his seat. Height wise his seat will last some time as it extends out quite far.
    Should i take him out the moment he hits 26kgs or would it still be safer to keep him in it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What age did you take your child out of a car seat?

At 8I think it's totally up to you. If your seat sill takes him I, personally, would keep him in it.
    My ds it's tall and skinny so weight guides never work for us. Height guides are also hard for us.
    Good luck.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What age did you take your child out of a car seat?

I think it's completely up to you now. Do you feel safer with him in it?

My DS is 8 in march but when he turned 7 he was embarrassed to be sitting in a 'baby' seat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

My DS has no quarms about sitting in a car seat.
    I'm not sure what feels safer tbh. I think i'm just so use to seeing him in his seat so he looks so small when sitting in the car without it.
    Are there any safety implications of leaving a child in a car seat once they exceed 26kgs?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS1 was 9, and I only took it out because one of the seats broke so instead of buying him a new one I just reshuffled the seats around with his siblings and he ended up without one. If that hadn't happened I think I would have kept him in a little longer, as the seatbelt was *almost* in the right spot on his shoulder. There are guidelines for when a child should sit in a normal seat, I will try and find them.

Re. their attitude towards sitting in a seat, it was never a 'baby seat' here, it was always a 'racing car driver' seat. Also I just simply told him that if we were to have a car accident, he would be a lot safer for xyz reasons as opposed to his friends who were just sitting on the normal seat. He was fine with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I forgot to add, my kids are little for their age.

Re. the weight limit, I am pretty sure that the seats are always tested (and passed) 2kgs above their limit, so 28kgs.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I think my DS is pretty average in size, quite skinny though.

I think i will leave him in there for a bit longer. I might shuffle the seats when school starts back next year as DS2 is still in a 5 point harness, although i can convert his seat somehow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

CMF, if you can find those guidlines that would be great.