+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best and Worst!!

Agree on the photo thing!!! Actually agree on all points!!

Love the CD idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best and Worst!!

Best-
    Seating friends together
    Canapés an drinks whilst photos are being done
    Ceremony and reception at same venue
    Good food
    Short sweet ceremony
    Good fun music!!!
    Photo booth- so much fun!!!

Worst-
    Long wait between ceremony and reception
    Seating ppl with all strangers
    One meal only options
    Steak meals (always seem to be undercooked)
    Speeches that go way too long
    Long winded ceremonies with too many bible quotes or passages

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Best and Worst!!

We had our photos taken before the ceremony - it was so much better than running around afterwards, so after the ceremony ( we got married in Fiji) we stayed with the guests for drinks and canapés and our photographer took photos of us with each of the guests and group shots which did not take very long !

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Best and Worst!!

Best - At an outdoor summer wedding at a beach they passed fans out to all the ladies, then after the ceremony they had friends pass out bottles of water.

Worst - no communication. The guests had no idea what was happening. The bride and groom knew what was happening but didn't really think to tell anyone, even the mc didn't really give any information. I was in the bridal party and even I didn't know the situation with timings, drinks, food, speeches. I think they were just to laid back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Worst: the dj playing anything from ABBA.. .especially dancing queen. *shudder*. it's a party killer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Best - I went to a wedding last year and instead of having name cards or allocated seating for each guest we were able to choose where we wanted to sit. Worked out great as we didn't know anyone else apart from the bride and groom but we got to know a few people during the cocktail hour/before ceremony and were able to sit with them. I thought it was a pretty good idea.

But they also score worst wedding, I was starving and they started bringing out canopes and I didn't want to over fill so didn't each much, turned out that was the only food provided, I ended up getting a cheeseburger on my way home, was so hungry!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Best - Ceremony and reception in the same place and allowing people into the dining room while the bridal party were getting photos done. That way people didn't have to stand around for pre-dinner drinks and people had more time to get to know those they were sitting with if they didn't already.

Worst - A BBQ 'buffet' in an indoors, allocated seating reception venue. I really dislike having to stand in line for food at a wedding, especially in high heels when you've already been standing around for ages waiting for the couple to come back from photos.

I understand that roving platters are a good way of doing things etc. but the waiters weren't bringing food around when it was cooked. It was 60-70 guests standing in line at a BBQ. In a quite 'posh' looking place.
    Felt very much like the couple had been ripped off because you can do that in a backyard! They paid a lot of money to have that venue and I think they could have gotten a lot better for their money.
    Not to mention by the time that the people at the back of the line got to the BBQ to be served there were hockey puck burger patties and dehydrated sausages left and that was it because it took so long for them to serve everyone.