+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How annoying!!

So I'm with Vodafone and have just upgraded my plan so I'm only 2 months into a new 24 month contract. I get 3gb each month. I got 3gb on Christmas Day and 2 days later it was all gone! It always lasts me a month so I rang up and they didn't really have an explanation but I did get my dd a iPad and had been using wifi from my phone...but I do that often so not sure. The Vodafone person I spoke to said they would apply 2gb of data to my account as a good will. Fast forward two days and I've been using the net, checked my account and the bloody data was never applied so I now am upto $20 in fees, which could be more as it only updates it may not include charges in the last 24 hours.

Im so annoyed! I've had a battle with them before, I made a complaint to the telecommunications ombudsman and I got a extra gb of data each month for free (only meant to get 2 on my plan)

I can just see me getting stuffed around now ugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How annoying!!

If she is using u tube it using up a lot of data

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How annoying!!

Downloading all the apps to the iPad would have chewed through it, also YouTube.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How annoying!!

Has your I phone recently had a software update? There was a glitch with the new IOS software 5, it was an apple fault but telcos have been recrediting customers. Most telcos have the glitch fixed now but Vodafone are slow?

Also check your settings on the i phone and I pad to see if you have something called I cloud. If you do make sure it's turned off. Turn off location services for non essential apps. Get rid of apps such as live ********* of radio channels.

If you have home Internet make sure the devices are connected to that when you are at home and not the local phone towers.

Download an app called dataman to each device. It monitors your data usage so you can see if Vodafones records are correct. The app used to tell you what app was using what data but this was banned (by apple?) as it was deemed to be a privacy breech. So now you just get an ongoing data use tally. You can set it up to send alerts when you reach a certain level of your data allowance. If you suspect a particular app of being the data guzzler you can check dataman before and after using the app.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (30-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice. I do watch YouTube but 3-4 videos a month and that hasn't changed, I have always done that.
    I'm thinking because I set up the iPad to use my phone data and downloaded apps it apparently uses more data then it would if I was downloading apps on my phone if that makes sense. Wish I knew that before.

Im more annoyed though that they said they'd apply data for me and didn't.

all my location settings, I cloud, automatic updates etc have been off. I'll definitely get the app that keeps track of data. Thankyou for suggesting that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How annoying. We were with three and had problems so my husband spent 3 days on phone to get a better deal (he has learnt the art of closing deals) and then great $24pm for about $850pm. When vodafone took over they did one better of yes $24pm for $1000pm anywhere in the world. This was amazing for simply ages because we had no computer for some time. So easier for me to ring friends then email. But I don't utube because I am sure it would be gone quicker each month.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How annoying!!

I'm also with Vodafone and my data goes so quickly too!! It's so crap! I only go on bubhub, Facebook and babycenter. Sometimes search for some sales but that's it. Plus I'm paying extra for unlimited social network so dunno how I use the data so bloody quick!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub