+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default *Spin Off* For the guys only! Men present at birth.

Just spoke to DH, he had some colourful language about Dr Odent's views and what he can do with his head and his backside. Also used a word starting with T that rhymes with "what".

He was with me for the birth of DS and in no way did it turn him off me, seeing DS' come out - it was so special and he's so glad he could be there for that special moment. However, he did find it useful to hear his adrenaline levels could interfere with my ability to relax.

As for my POV, I really appreciated DH's support but I did find I was worried about how we was coping with being tired, etc, so this time will probably have a friend as a second support person so he can take time to have a break when he needs it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    I know a lot of women have strong feelings about this which is why I made this spin off thread, so that men can discuss thiers without us ladies discounting thier reasons. I love the ladies that have posted thier husbands points of view without adding thier own. We have the other thread for that. I am not passing judgement on your views but lets keep ours for the other thread so we dont scare all the guys off.
    Thanks Tildy, but for the record I have a Y chromosome. And I know it wasn't intentional but I find your 'don't scare all the guys off' talk pretty condescending.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Northerly For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (27-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    ************AHEM, small announcement*************

I will be coming in an deleting posts that are from ladies on behalf of ladies, even if they are posted with the best of intentions. Please feel free to allow your significant other to post under your name (please get them to sign - even if it's as XYS's OH) to make it easier for me cause I'm also packing for a roadtrip with a toddler with newfound hearing and voice

I'll also appreciate offending posts being reported (feel free to use something exciting like ***intruder alert- man cave compromised*** or something else to entertain the poor unsuspecting moderator that gets the message )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My bad, I apologise and retract that then. It was poorly worded. I was right, I was better of staying out of it as was my original intention. *backs out quietly*
    Last edited by Tildy; 28-12-2012 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: *Spin Off* For the guys only! Men present at birth.

I asked my DH and his answer;

'YES! Being a father is not just about the 3 seconds of conception (lol) & then taking them to the pub at 18,it is about being involved through out the whole journey'

From my own point of view I can understand why some men do not want to be in the delivery room and why some women do not want their partners there.It is a personal decision and in the long run I do no think it has any bearing on what type of parent they will be.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DH says:

"It's a personal choice, but it was important to me to be there to support you and to see the arrival of my child"

He thinks that OB is talking rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    DH answer
    Well some men don't want to be there, not me hun (in his best sarcascitic voice). Do you want to massage my back now.

I never pressured him either way. He always wanted to be there, even if did have a nap during 5 out 6 of my labours.

GluttonForPunishment is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Most Optimistic Poster and Newbie of the Year Awards
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Being in that room and seeing the birth of my daughters was single handedly the most important, wonderful, emotional and touching moment of my life. I coached their mum through both deliveries and it was probably the closest that we'd ever been then or since. Wild horses couldn't have kept me away. I was nervous, there was things I didn't want to do, like cutting the cord (so I didn't!) but the birthing experience was beautiful. That OB can go screw himself!

FYI for those that have forgotten, I am a guy. I've just been MIA for a while!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Northerly View Post
    But can't he see that he WILL be helping by just being there? You've said you'd love him to be there - I don't understand why he doesn't consider his presence as helping you.
    I'm really not too sure! He said he doesn't want to see anything and I told him he won't as long as he isn't looking down that way.

He has since agreed to come in since it means so much to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.

Give me a moment and I'll put something together...it wasn't a nice experience.

Paul