+ Reply to Thread
    BoyCrazy is offline <MY SWEET BABY GIRL HARPER 9 MONTHS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Progesterone Pessaries?

my new doctor has put me onto progesterone pessaries for this month TTC. I have to use opks and then start using them from 3-12dpo.

has anyone used them with success? or have any tips? thanks heaps..am hoping they work!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Progesterone Pessaries?

I used pessaries with my successful IVF cycle which got us our DS.

Panty liners will be your friend as they can be a little messy...

How many a day do you need to use? I was on 4 a day and when you are meant to lie down for 1/2 an hour after inserting..well it's not exactly time friendly. A way TMI but you can insert them up your *ahem* back passage and this eliminates the lying down. Also useful if you find the pessaries are irritating/causing thrush.

Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

BoyCrazy  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for your reply hun...doc has got me on 300mg pessaries once a day, so i thought id just er insert right before bed so im laying down. Am really hoping that they work! Im so nervous really lol! Need to do opks then start taking them at 3dpo til 12dpo. Have bloods being taken at 7dpo and 12dpo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you have little ones try to prepare something the night before for them to do while your laying down . I put story books, colouring, puzzles, ipad beside my bed. At night id wait until ds was asleep and then insert and lay down .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to fullofhope For This Useful Post:

BoyCrazy  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks fullofhope! yup ive got 3 already but they sleep through the night, so I will just wait til I go to sleep and insert it then, probably still wear a pad, cause I cant handle icky discharge lol..but hey, all for a good cause right?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Boycrazy (or anyone else) can you explain what the progesterone is supposed to do? Is it just supposed to help bub stick? Did you get your progesterone levels checked and they were low or was it just "it's not going to do any harm so why not give it a go type of thing"?

Assuming I'm not UTD this cycle I'm going to see my GP next week and it's always useful to make suggestions of what I'd like to do rather than let them just wait and see what happens. My luteal phase is 13 days and I'm definitely O'ing (OPK and temp confirmed) but have had at least one chem pregnancy. Should I get my progesterone levels checked? I'm going to send DH to get his swimmers checked first though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey hun, sorry only just saw this..yup, i had a feeling my progesterone levels were low. I'd had 2 chemical pregnancies in a row and did some googling, one of the causes of chems is low progesterone. so i thought id get my blood tests done throughout my two week wait. I got a blood test on ovulation, 3dpo, 5dpo, 7dpo, 9dpo. my progesterone is on the low side. So this cycle my doctor prescribed me 300mg progesterone pessaries to take each night 3dpo-12dpo. Progesterone builds up the lining of the uterus (making it good for bubs to be sticky). Only downside its pretty expensive (like $190) and not covered. but I will pay anything if its going to help get a sticky bub!!