+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby too small?

She called it something with 3 letters but I can't remember what!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

I was told the same several times. Stressed me out. My GP said not to stress because ultrasounds later in the pregnancy aren't as accurate. This is why they discourage ultrasounds outside the norm too. 2 weeks either side they allow with measurements. My daughter was born a healthy 3.14kgs at 39 +6!
    Last edited by Lauzy83; 24-01-2013 at 13:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by march2013 View Post
    I'm now 32 weeks and still measuring under. Only by 2.5 now. The midwife said if she remains too small they may have to do injections starting from 37 weeks. Does anyone know what these are for? I seem to forget everytime exactly what they say to me! Husband couldn't come today so one set of ears and I forget everything.
    I can think maybe for lung development.....an ob would decide that I assume.

Personally, I haven't seen any midwives (only see the ob's as dd1 had growth restrictions and a few other little problems that have cropped up) I was booked in for growth scans at 28,32, 34, 36 weeks and as long as everything was functioning correctly and bubs kept growing at the minimum levels then everything proceeds as normal!

Had my 36 week scan + appt this week, My tummy is measuring 32 weeks but bubs is measuring 34 weeks and everything looked good otherwise, so there is no need for an early delivery or injections or anything.

Don't stress, they will keep a close eye on bubs, if need be they will take you through what needs to be done (if anything!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

Mum told me today she had a retroverted uterus in pregnancy so she always appeared small too. So maybe I have the same thing? Would the ultrasound show this?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

With my first daughter, I was measuring small on fundal height, was told bub was small & had to have extra scans. Sent hubby & I into a panic telling us placenta was dying & bubs needed to be out to get more nutrients. Was told to buy premmie clothes & at 39 weeks my waters were broken. 4 hrs later I gave birth to a 7pd5oz baby. Dr was shocked that she was normal size. It was all because my belly was small but I'm not a huge person anyways - she was just so tightly curled up. Even the scan said small but goes to show that scans are not accurate. I'm now 37 weeks pregnant with my second & going through the exact same thing, this time we know not to panic because we're sure bub will come out normal, although drs could talk about possible induction depending on my next scan results. I just have a small bump with a normal sized bub... Everyone is different...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

My fundal height (tape measuring) was behind from 26 weeks with my biggest gap measuring 6 weeks behind twice in gestational age. DD was classed SGA small gestational age and IUGR as other problems showed on ultrasounds. I had monitoring every 2 days from 30 weeks. And daily from 34. We were having weekly ultrasounds which put her in the 3-6th percentile. They were going to induce me at 36 weeks but decided to wait and I went 40+3 giving birth to a very normal healthy 3.0kg baby who I think was 20th percentile, far off the 2kg we were expecting! They can get it wrong so don't stress. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Baby too small?

I think unless you are measuring considerable behind there is nothing to worry about.
    I measured weeks behind with my second pregnancy and it turned out m small bump was because of how he was positioned. And the fundal height wasn't accurate because I had a heart shaped uterus.
    There are so many contributing factors to irregularities in their 'procedures'.
    It's always good to get an extra scan and sees them in their though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    =
    So don't really know why I've still got a tiny bump. I guess everyone's different.
    Everyone is different!! A lady I worked with, she was being asked at her farewell morning tea at 37 weeks why she was leaving...... That baby was freaking awesome at hide and seek, she just looked like she'd put in a few kg's round the stomach. I think it was 3/3.5kg.

Another lady I worked with, she was measuring 8 weeks ahead from 34 weeks and looked ridiculously huge and had a 3.5kg baby at term with a normal amount of fluid.

People just carry babies differently.

Glad its all normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first daughter she measured small (by almost 3weeks) at my 20week scan. They rescanned at 24 and again at 30 as she was still small but growing.

Then weekly scans after 30 weeks.
    I was induced at 37 weeks and she was born weighing 1.99kg (4lbs3oz)
    she is now and very healthy "normal" sized 4yr old

if at any stage Dr feels there is a concern with size they will monitor you closely. If they aren't going "overboard" with testing checking etc. I wouldn't worry too much.

I am sure bub is fine and will be a healthy birth weight

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've just been told my bubs I'd measuring too small for 28 weeks. I'm freaking out and I can't get a scan till 3rd jan. has this happened to anyone else??
    They can't know for sure unless they do a scan, even then the scans can be wrong.