Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby too small?

She was measuring with a tape measure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Baby too small?

With DS he was measuring small so they gave me an ultrasound to check and he was just short.

I am naturally small anyway and his measurements at birth were similar to mine.

He ended up being 6pd12 (3.07 kg) and 46.5 cm

Also I find that my bump can change size depending on what I've eaten or where bubs is sitting.

Try not to stress about it Just think of the scan as another opportunity to see your baby

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefully your scan shows bub is just fine. My last baby was measuring 5 weeks ahead by fundal hight (tape measure). She was born the smallest out of my 3 at 7 pound 4 oz. My boys were both 8 pounds 3oz and always measured spot on. Alot of dr don't measure fundal height bc everyone measures it differently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 32 weeks with my second, when they measure with the measuring tape I'm 5 weeks behind (same thing with my first so I've had growth scans at 28/32 weeks)

Had my scan today and bubs is 2 weeks behind but her rate of growth from 28 weeks is good.

Small bubs doesn't mean there is a problem! But as pp have said I wouldn't stress about your tummy measurement, they can be so off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 11-09-2013 at 14:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

Thank you so much girls. I feel 100% better after reading all your replies. Thanks for ur efforts to make me feel better :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

Hi girls. Had ultrasound today and baby is growing just fine! Slightly underweight but nothing serious! She's lying head down, bottom up.
    So don't really know why I've still got a tiny bump. I guess everyone's different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My fundal heights have always measured behind. With my second I was measuring about 4 weeks behind and they freaked that bub was tiny and sent me off for a scan etc, she was born at 7lb11oz, totally average not tiny. My first was 8lb8oz, so not tiny either, and I had a small bump with her because back then my abs were very strong.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

I'm now 32 weeks and still measuring under. Only by 2.5 now. The midwife said if she remains too small they may have to do injections starting from 37 weeks. Does anyone know what these are for? I seem to forget everytime exactly what they say to me! Husband couldn't come today so one set of ears and I forget everything.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby too small?

Maybe steroids?? That's what they told me anyways!