+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: stretch and sweep

My bub is only 3/5ths engaged and I got one. Ok also 2cms dilated so that might help too...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smidget3004 For This Useful Post:

StellarMaris  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it depends how engaged you are perhaps. I am not sure but I think I was only 3/5 and the mw asked a registrar at the time and they decided to wait til this week - which will be tomorrow if bub doesn't come before then.

So I am hoping to have my baby also in my arms by the weekend too. I am so excited.

Good luck ladies with everything.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AceAri8 For This Useful Post:

StellarMaris  (19-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default stretch and sweep

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    i had a stretch and sweep done yesterday at 40 weeks. I was just over 1cm dialated, ob said he could feel he was pushing on bub's head.
    Just wondering if the crampiness the next day is pretty normal? comes in waves like period pain front to back along with tightening all over like a BH. im not timing them because they are bearable if i breathe thru them, so pretty sure its not contractions yet. i had a bit of brown discharge for a couple hrs after it was done then it completely cleared up.
    Im getting another one done monday.
    In your personal experience did s&s do anything for your labour to progress? if so how soon after a s&s? what were the symptoms?
    That's exactly how I was after I had one done. It's called pre labour I had it done on the Friday, noticed a couple of these cramps and light bleeding. The next day I spent the whole day having these pains that got gradually more intense and closer together. By 9 pm I think, I was in full labour, baby born just after midnight

Good luck- hopefully you will have your little bundle in your arms very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going for s&s this avo, I do hope it does help me go into labour, I know it doesn't work for some people but I upon reading some feedback I feel confident that it will for me. Fingers crossed.
    xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a S&S at 40 wks and it did absolutely nothing. just felt uncomfortable. at 41 weeks I was induced.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reviving this as I have the same question. I am 38 weeks, wanting to be induced as hubby is fly in fly out worker and he is due to fly out next week so a) the chances of him getting a flight back in time to be there for the birth are slim to none, and b) I would like him to be here for a little while after to help with the baby.

I had a C-section with bub 2 and successful VBAC with bub 3, but I still cant be induced with chemical means.
    Doc did a membrane sweep today at about 1.30pm. It was nothing like I read. wasn't painful, no blood, no immediate cramps and it took about 5 seconds!
    I'm wondering if he did it right...
    Anyone else have a membrane sweep like this and still go into labor shortly after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two and they did nothing!
    No cramps, blood or anything. Went 5 days over, 5 days after 2nd S&S.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph83 View Post
    Just reviving this as I have the same question. I am 38 weeks, wanting to be induced as hubby is fly in fly out worker and he is due to fly out next week so a) the chances of him getting a flight back in time to be there for the birth are slim to none, and b) I would like him to be here for a little while after to help with the baby.

I had a C-section with bub 2 and successful VBAC with bub 3, but I still cant be induced with chemical means.
    Doc did a membrane sweep today at about 1.30pm. It was nothing like I read. wasn't painful, no blood, no immediate cramps and it took about 5 seconds!
    I'm wondering if he did it right...
    Anyone else have a membrane sweep like this and still go into labor shortly after?
    Did he tell you anything about your cervix or baby position?
    I wanted one last week but he couldn't even reach my cervix it was so high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had them wth ds 2 and dd. Ds2 the second one must of done the trick for me as i went into labour that night. I found bouncing on a gymball helped too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one at 39 weeks and nothing happened. Next one at 40 weeks and I bled straight after and felt very 'raw' in my cervix area. I was crampy all day then the pain moved into my back overnight and started labour 1pm the next day