Closed Thread
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Well my period has stopped and last month CD 7 was when I got EWCM then ovulated CD13. It's CD6 today. Praying it's another normal cycle. Not taking vitex this month so it's going to be very interesting to see what happens....
    Fx for a normal cycle.

May i ask what vitex is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Welcome starflame
    Can i ask a question? For those ladies with fertility issues, do any of your close friends know? I am now regretting telling one of mine as it seems to be a topic she thinks she can lecture me on when drunk.
    None of my close friends even know we are TTC let alone infertile!! I am however regretting telling my mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Fx for a normal cycle.

May i ask what vitex is?
    It's a herb that helps with ovulation and also is brilliant for LP defect, so it lengthens the 2nd half of your cycle if it's really short. My LP is fine, at 14/15 days every single month and it hasn't lengthened it.

I don't get a true pos on OPK's without vitex. Not sure if I'm ovulating without it, the bloods this month on CD21 will tell me. Unfortunately I have to wait for 9 April to find out from the gyno bc I have so many tests and procedures sighs
    Last edited by delirium; 03-03-2013 at 17:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    My dr has given me a referral for a HSG to check my uterus and tubes aren't blocked so will be getting that done when we have the money.
    Do you have a HCC? If you do it should be free. I'm spewing as I booked my HSG for early April as I could have booked next week but didn't have the spare $250. Then after I booked she said since it's classed as xray, they bulk bill I could have had it done this month Ahhh well...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks delirium. I have never heard of it. Might have to do some research to see if it will help with the clomid.

Most people that are close to us know we are ttc. This one particular friend seems to think it is ok to openly lecture me and say that we should be doing a,b and c. Like she is an expert and my fs knows nothing

Honestly don't know why i even listen and then on top of that let it get to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It can't be taken with Clomid, partly I think bc they do exactly the same thing. Vitex makes the pituritary gland produce LH in mid cycle then progesterone in the tww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Do you have a HCC? If you do it should be free. I'm spewing as I booked my HSG for early April as I could have booked next week but didn't have the spare $250. Then after I booked she said since it's classed as xray, they bulk bill I could have had it done this month Ahhh well...
    I do have a HCC but it doesn't cover this procedure. It costs $380 to get it done and ill only get back $96 from medicare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Delirium.... I noticed that you mentioned about using Vitex to lengthen your LP, and realised I now need to start to look into things like that.

This is my 3rd IVF cycle but unfortunately
    I think I'm bust. Yesterday (Sat) I had one spot of blood, today (Sun) another bigger spot, but that's it. It's like AF is teasing me - if you're going to come, just come and get it over and done with. What I'm so annoyed with is though I told my FS that my usual cycle is 28/29 days, I also told him that AF came early in both my previous IVF cycles (22 + 24 days), obviously due to all those drugs. This means that if yesterdays blood was the start of AF, then my beautiful embie may have implanted, but hadn't yet had any chance to send messages (hormones or whatever it sends) to keep AF away and will have been washed away now. DH is even more furious than I am, as he remembers me telling the FS this, and obviously the FS hasn't factored early periods during IVF cycles into the equation. Has anyone else experienced this? (ie. normal cycles, but early ones following IVF rounds). If so, what have FSs decided to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I do have a HCC but it doesn't cover this procedure. It costs $380 to get it done and ill only get back $96 from medicare
    Hmmm I would double check hun. Maybe it's just my private radiology but they said given it's an x ray procedure it's bulk billed. If they don't, I would call a few places who do the HSG's and ask them. $250 is a lot of savings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my HCG cost me $400 with $100 back and I'm a pensioner.

I have told pretty much everyone we are ttc, my dad got all excited when we told him and told all his friends. My mother is the only one that really says anything hurtful always asking why I want kids and what I'm gonna do with them and saying how annoying having kids is, thanks mum.