+ Reply to Thread
    GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Teat replacement

I was just wondering how often everyone changes the bottle teats over?
    I know the recommendation on the packet is every three months, and with DD, we changed up a flow whenever she could suck the teat in on itself. DS is still on newborn teats, and they're all around 8 months old.

I don't really want to go and replace them with more newborns, only for him to grow out of them in a week, but on the other hand, I don't want to buy the next size up and drown him...

They all seem to be in good condition, I check them all out when I clean them, no deterioration that I can see.

What would / do you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Teat replacement

I would buy the next size up and do a trial and error with bub. If bub is striggling with the bigger teat, stick to the size they are good with and try again in a week or so.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep as above ^^ ....but ive never been a bottle feeder so i really dont know lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Teat replacement

Can you try a Y or X cut teat? I think its variflow which means bub controls the flow. We used them with DD (narrow neck pigeon teats) from about 3 months old and just replaced them with the same if they started looking a little tired.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teat replacement

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I tried him on a step two flow, and he just about drowned himself, poor thing didn't know what hit him! I'll try again in a few weeks and see how we go
    Thanks again!!!

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Teat replacement

I purchased the variable flow teats which have a 1, 2 or 3 speed on them and it's been great as I haven't had to buy new teats for each stage as it covers all of them. If he can't take the next stage you can just go back to the newborn flow on the same teat :-)