Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha, a Debbie Downer thread complaining that everyone around you is being a Debbie Downer! Oh, the irony.

If those sorts of things were happening to me, I'd hardly be Pollyanna either.

To be honest, you have come across as very self absorbed and lacking any empathy at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent: Hate when people say "this year has been a terrible year for everyone"

This has been the most difficult of my life 5 ivf attempts a dead family member a miscarriage in June on my husbands birthday and my baby died in November at 14 weeks due to a fatal abnormality in his kidneys and urinary tract. It has been a terrible year that has broken our hearts over and over. We still love life we still look forward but the year I look forward to putting it behind us. It has been a year of tears for us the highs were high but the lows were god awful. Sometimes people just want to say its been hard and be heard. Just like others want to shout how great it is for them.
    Last edited by Bellavista; 28-12-2012 at 10:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't even know what to say to this one but remind me to not confide in you if anything traumatic happens in my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vent: Hate when people say "this year has been a terrible year for everyone"

Sorry OP but the lack of empathy for your MIL losing her father is what stands out to me. You finishing your uni degree and marrying her son in no way make up for the loss of a parent. Maybe when you have a year which wasn't so bright, you might feel differently about those that can't look on the bright side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think when people say that it was a bad year, they are generally quite positive about the upcoming. 2012 was a shizhouse year for me and a lot of people I know and despite a few small good things happening for me, that doesn't make up for the sad things that happened. I look forward to 2013 and thank goodness this crappy year is over for me.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (28-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (28-12-2012),romaverona  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If someone is upset by major events, such as family members dying and getting cancer, then to refer to them as 'debbie downers' is crass to say the least.

That's great you had a good year. But your good year won't cheer someone else up to the point where they can overlook the fact that people they love have died - and nor should you expect it to.

It's usually thought of as the kind thing for those in a more fortunate position to be gentle with those who are not - not the other way around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you need to remember that while your world revolves around you, the actual world does not.
    I don't say that in a mean way, just put yourself in the shoes of others.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    If someone is upset by major events, such as family members dying and getting cancer, then to refer to them as 'debbie downers' is crass to say the least.

That's great you had a good year. But your good year won't cheer someone else up to the point where they can overlook the fact that people they love have died - and nor should you expect it to.

It's usually thought of as the kind thing for those in a more fortunate position to be gentle with those who are not - not the other way around.
    I agree.

You sound selfish in the least, "I had a good year so not EVERYONE had a bad year, so don't speak for me and cheer up, it's only death" is the way your post read to me.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Closed for review.
    In the meantime, thanks to those who contributed in a polite manner.
    Cheers

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345