Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Vent: Hate when people say "this year has been a terrible year for everyone"

wow some of you are being extremely harsh and nasty towards op. I read her post as this person was saying that 2012 had been a terrible year for all and focussing on other people's bad experiences not noticing their highlights, which I can understand. 2012 has been the worst year I've had with my dp and I didn't find the post offensive. she has a right to rant as many people on the hub do without feeling attacked, some of these comments are very cruel.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see what you are getting at but I just know from personal experience it is very hard to find any postives when nothing is going right or you have had life defining changes that aren't for the better.

I think it is easier to get over life's dissapointments when they are not as major as the ones you have described or you are predominantly having great things happen to you in the one year. I think if you are having a good year it may be harder to sympathise ALL the time because so many good things are happening to you that you have a higher 'bounce back' mentality and wonder why people are so negative when you are so happy.

Whilst I am sure you offer alot of sympathy IRL and genuinley feel it, if you are feeling overwhelmed from their stress, maybe find some ways to offload it. I don't think you need to be called selfish just reminded that it is very hard to stay postive after death and cancer and it is all consuming for them obviously and can't just 'switch' it off.
    Last edited by Aquillah; 27-12-2012 at 21:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Vent: Hate when people say "this year has been a terrible year for everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
    You should read over your post a few times. You sound like the selfish one to me.
    Yeah this. Yuck!
    It kind of sounds like you need to get over yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vent: Hate when people say "this year has been a terrible year for everyone"

Quote Originally Posted by melimum View Post
    wow some of you are being extremely harsh and nasty towards op. I read her post as this person was saying that 2012 had been a terrible year for all and focussing on other people's bad experiences not noticing their highlights, which I can understand. 2012 has been the worst year I've had with my dp and I didn't find the post offensive. she has a right to rant as many people on the hub do without feeling attacked, some of these comments are very cruel.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub
    I agree with this. I have a friend who is very negative all year, every.single.year. So OP I can see where you are coming from and think some of the replies were not very nice and probably unnecessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To an extent I agree with you. I have a friend who complained how she has been sick all year and she was saying she can't wait for this year to be over- she has never had anything worse then a cold. I just look at her and think how boring and annoying it is she needs to complain all the time over really minor things, when she is super priviallaged compared to many people. She is just emotionally draining with her constant negativity over minor things- even bruises from moving into her new house are photographed and documented on Facebook, over shadowing that fact she actually just bought a house.

On the other hand- the examples you have given are not really minor things...I can see why someone would define their year as shocking if they experienced serious illness/death of family member....

Thanks
    Reviews

I've had a couple of amazing things happen in my life this year 1 of them was DD being born in August happy & healthy after she stopped growing in the stomach & was only 5pound, we moved into our home that we built but I have said a couple of times this year that is has been a horrible year. My dad died in 2011 two yrs on new years day & my pop has been told his cancer has now spread to his bones. My DP and I are happy & Finaclly doing well but I am still one of those people that say it's been a crap year. So does that make me one of those people u were talking about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Vent: Hate when people say "this year has been a terrible year for everyone"

For some people its been a crap year. Hopefully they have a wonderful 2013.

The death of a loved one is the worst thing you can go through. I can understand it would over shadow any positives that may have happened.

Compassion and empathy is needed i agree. Op, glad you had such a great year tho

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 27-12-2012 at 22:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

So... People aren't allowed to express that they found a year quite sh*t cos you enjoyed it? Um... Okay?!

I know they're saying it was bad for everyone and that it's not technically true... But people rarely mean it with 100% truth when they say that sort of thing and are just saying that a lot of people tended to have a somewhat crap year.

A friend had a shockingly bad year. Like one of the worst I could imagine. Mine was one of my best, personally. If she said to me, that everyone had a crap 2012 I'd say nothing because mine was personally a good one, but she went through hell and what kind of a smug arrogant jerk an I if I think pointing out that she is technically wrong is a better option than just allowing someone who had a crappy year to vent about it freely?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-12-2012),gizmoduckus  (28-12-2012),mama and her little bearxxx  (27-12-2012),Witwicky  (27-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do get where you are coming from op as I have dealt with many overly negative people in my life and they can really drag you down. That being said, this year has been incredibly rubbish for a ton of people I know. I dont know why but this year has handed lots of people a raw deal. I could look at the positives and say that we bought a house this year and concieved a baby and I do and its fantastic. But its hard to focus one that when I lost a baby early this year, my grandma died, my partners nan died and his other one discovered that her cancer is getting worse. He lost an uncle and discovered that his other uncle has like 6 years less time on this earth than he thought he did. We lost two birds and our cat ended up almost dead at the vet and could have cancer. And my partners ex decided to ban him from seeing the kids for ages. Yes good things have happened but that muh loss in one year is hard to get past.

Thanks
    Reviews

Wth? Is this for reals?

"My mil lost her father but her son married me so it was a good year"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to P0tat0gem For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (28-12-2012)