+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Buying gender-specific clothes?

We were convinced we were having a boy and although we bought lots of gender neutral clothes I also bought one too many boys outfits on our Vegas shopping trip in Ralph Lauren, Nautica and Baby Guess. We are having a girl so those clothes were put away for maybe next time
    So in saying that, I'd just buy it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a few gender specific clothes even before starting TTC. Not many just a handful of stuff that I just couldn't resist. My dd has worn some of the pretty dresses that I bought 6 years before she even was born !

BUT, when I got pregnant both times I stopped even remotely looking at clothes until I got to the 20 week mark and found out whether I was having a boy or girl. Not from superstition at all, but more from the practical point of view that I realised it was a waster of money to spend lots of money on stuff I might not need in the near future. BUT, one item I'd been looking at for years, then yes, I'd buy it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I haven't. Everything I buy is a neutral colour! I have often thought about it, I see lots of gorgeous girls stuff but can't bring myself to buy just in case.

I have had a feeling it's a boy but I'm not sure now so I'm just waiting until I can find out

If you can return it after you find out them just buy it

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

If you love it then buy it why not. We bought some gender specific things prior to finding out. I don't see any harm. You can always give the as presents if you don't end up with the gender of the clothes you bought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm shocking with this. I'm only just ttc and already have sooo much stuff all in boys. God help us if we have a girl.

I think just get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep i put away stuff *years* before we started TTC

mostly super cute alternative type stuffs like the cutest little skeleton onesie but i also stashed anything i found that was purple (my FAVE colour)

when we finally get our sticky bub i dont want to find out the sex (husband does but tough!) so will have to wait until after the big day to go nuts with the gender specific stuff

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi missie - mac
    thanks for the info on RL, you're right there's big savings. can you tell me who you used for shipping as RL USA don't ship to Oz. I've used myUsa before and they're not too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews

Have you been on childrensalon OMG! That's all I can say I'm not sure on the price difference?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks Monnie24 I had a look, it has beautiful stuff, pricey but I guess cheap for the brands it has eg boss if that makes sense

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

I'm very very tempted to get on fb and start browsing wahm's who do ruffle bums because I'm thinking girl, but so far I've managed to restrain myself and not even look- yet!
    I'll wait until the morph scan when we can hopefully confirm boy or girl before I start buying stuff- but really we don't need to buy much at all because we have boxes and boxes of stuff my sister has given to me (girls + my boys stuff back)