+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Buying gender-specific clothes?

Hi guys,

I have had my eye on a GORGEOUS, pink Ralph Lauren tennis dress for years (in size 0).

It's ridiculously expensive ($70), but I always said if I was ever having a girl, that would be my one luxury clothing purchase.

I saw it at DJ's on sale for half price today and I was SO tempted to buy it! But I don't know whether we're having a boy or a girl yet!

It feels like I'd be tempting fate if I bought it. Lol. Sounds silly I know, but I was too scared to buy it!

Would you buy it? Have you bought any gender-specific clothing before knowing what you were having?

I'm just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

No need to rush - ralphlauren.com have them all year round and retail for $39 - there are pink ones on sale now for $20 ( they always have sales !)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I bought a blue and pink onesie from Kmart when I first found out I was pregnant, but they were only $3 each

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought girls clothes before I was even pregnant with bot of my girls, I'm a bit strange like that...but I always had a feeling that I would have a girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would have. I didn't know what I was having, and was poor, so I didn't... but in future I will.

If it turns out I have the opposite gender than I had purchased the item for, I could always sell it on eBay, give it to a friend when they have a baby, or save it for if I have another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I saw blankets on sale for $3 each so bought a pink one and a blue one, now that we know its a girl I've put the blue one away for the next boy who is born.
    Could you layby the one on sale?

Thanks
    Reviews

Hmmm...

Maybe I should pick an RL item for a boy that's half price too, and that might cancel out my superstition?

Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

David jones have pretty long return policies even on sale stuff. Could u get it and return it when u find out the gender if its a boy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I purchased the most gorgeous winter cape for a girl,

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought most girly things before I found out the sex of my bub. I also bought some unisex clothes and a few boys clothes. I've now found out I'll be having a girl so I've put my boy clothes away for the next pregnancy or for gifts