Pot roast with roast potatoes, peas and corn
I made a broth with chicken stock, some leftover roast pork, zucchini, garlic, snowpeas and an egg or two. Really yummy and quite filling.
Slow cooked Osso bucco with mash 😊
Wontons with shredded duck filling (leftover from entertaining last night).
Leftover salad with a tin of flavoured Tuna mixed through
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
- Pkt of dried mini teddy bear pasta (i use vetta brand)
- Coarsely grated fresh parmesan, to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon, celery, carrot and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the bacon is golden.Add the stock and tomato to the bacon mixture. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. eta - Blend mixture before adding cooked pasta
Increase the heat to medium and bring to the boil. Cook the pasta separately and add into soup afterwards.
Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with parmesan, if desired, to serve.
This meal is sooo cheap and so yummy. Usually have it with buttered toast or garlic bread.
Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 01-01-2013 at 22:39.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!