+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not trying, not preventing? Help?

Heya everyone

My dh & I have decided to not try to conceive, but to not prevent it either. It isn't 100% the best time, but I came off Implanon & decided to not worry about contraception.

My only issue is health during this time.
    i guess I mainly mean things like drinking, caffeine intake etc.
    Since Im not really keeping track of when I ovulate, I won't really know until I miss a period if Im possibly preg.

So would you abstain from drinking etc during this time in case? Or live like usual??

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH and I will be in a similar situation as of next year. I'll be going off the pill, but we won't be really trying until my cycles come back to normal so there will still be a chance I could fall pregnant.
    I don't really drink alcohol anyway so that won't be a problem for me, but I've read the amount of tea i drink a day would be too much caffeine so I'm going to just stick to a couple in case.
    Are you generally a heavy drinker?
    Maybe just cut out alcohol (would save you money too!) and only have a couple of cups of coffee a day, just in case??

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Not trying, not preventing? Help?

I fell pregnant while drinking with a friend, and that is how a lot of pregnancies occur so honestly Unless you're more risk to infertility/other problems like that then a drink every now and then wouldn't be too bad. Obviously don't binge etc.
    I also had a horrible diet. I suggest if you have trouble with your diet to take a multivitamin. My pregnancy one says ideally to be taking it through pre conception, pregnancy and breast feeding.
    Good luck and I hope it's a rather short journey for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't take anything because of previous dvt's, and use no contraception, if it happens it happens.

We don't drink much if at all, How often do you drink?
    Are you keeping track of your period, the only thing I can think off if you get a ovulation/period calender on your iphone (if u have one) as I've found it does help heaps, a couple of months down the track or knowing your period for a couple of months can really help.

In your case I would just like like usual, unless you normally drink heaps then I would decrease a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd make sure you're taking folic acid, which is a good thing to do for at least 3 months before TTCing anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would live as normal (That's providing you don't absolutely write yourself off all the time of course!)

From what some of the ladies in here have said, the placenta doesn't completely form until after your missed period so you would already know you're pregnant before you are sharing blood with your baby.

Best of luck